Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Im having issues with rebooting as well

JesseDiaz
Guide

Re: Im having issues with rebooting as well

Its wired

Message 51 of 88
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. This is the one that's directly connected behind the RBR. No switch in the middle? 

When you get a chance, please let us know system up time on the RBR and RBS and CPU and Memory usage seen. 

Message 52 of 88
JesseDiaz
Guide

As far as connection, when I checked this morning it was 2 days and 5 hours

Message 53 of 88
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok so were now past 2days from last random reboot on the RBR. 

Message 54 of 88
JesseDiaz
Guide

Yes.....but I want to make sure that even if it goes to 4 days, I think it would be dangerous to think that becuase tis been up for 4 days, everything has been resolved by some unknown reason.  Ive had multiple problems with this router and Im worried that we make that assumption, and later on it comes back to haunt me and now I have to fork out another $2k because then it will be out of warranty

Message 55 of 88
JesseDiaz
Guide

Rebooted about 11 am pst

JesseDiaz_0-1710388708904.png

Message 56 of 88
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. So were getting over 3 days then the RBR reboots. Great...

@Straq 

Message 57 of 88
FURRYe38
Guru

Do you have a XS508M Switch by chance? 

@JesseDiaz 

Message 58 of 88
JesseDiaz
Guide

But the LAN and WAN rebooted 10 hours ago.......

Message 59 of 88
JesseDiaz
Guide

@FURRYe38 

No I have a GS752TPV2

Message 60 of 88
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, thanks for confirming. 👍

Message 61 of 88
FURRYe38
Guru

I see from the RBR debug page that it's reporting the following up time:

03/14/2024, 21:49:37 8.70% 1119 MB/1743 MB 4 days 13:16:21

@JesseDiaz wrote:

But the LAN and WAN rebooted 10 hours ago.......

Message 62 of 88
JesseDiaz
Guide

Maybe….but look at the screenshot…..it shows the LAN and WAN, etc rebooted 1o hours ago.  On that same screenshot, it does show that the wireless has been up for multiple days.  Which I don’t understand ( I mentioned this earlier ).  How can the router reboot and the log still show that the wireless has been up for multiple days?  I have been there when the router reboots.  So I know it actually reboots and the log is showing that the wireless is still up

Message 63 of 88
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya, I saw that. Wondering why were seeing differences between the debug page and show stats page. 

@Straq 

Message 64 of 88
FURRYe38
Guru

Any chance you happen to have a 2nd switch, maybe something non managed? GS10x or GS30x are non managed switches. Could you possibly get one of these if you don't have one on hand? 

Message 65 of 88
JesseDiaz
Guide

That I don’t have
Message 66 of 88
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok.

So when you notice that the WEB Ui show stats have changed and the uptime resets, do you observe actual issues with the system? Disconnects and does the front LED on the RBR turn PINK or RED when this happens?

Wondering why the Debug and show stats data differs. I've passed this onto NG. 

Message 67 of 88
JesseDiaz
Guide

Yes....Internet goes out.  Modem light are still solid and shows no issues....then the RBR start blinking.........eventually comes back up

Message 68 of 88
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok.

So current UPtime no debug page and show stats same or showing different values? 

Message 69 of 88
JesseDiaz
Guide

You lost me.....what is the question?

Message 70 of 88
JesseDiaz
Guide

Rebooted again...this time its shows all rebooted 12 hours 52 min ago.  9am pst.  so why?  I did get a message from Sepctrum that they would be dong some work in my area about that time.  THey said I could see 15 minutes downtime.  So maybe that what happened this time.  But even if Spectrum went down, you would think that only the WAN would show 12 hours and everything else would be higher right?

JesseDiaz_0-1710562168853.png

Message 71 of 88
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok I think this maybe an ISP thing or the RBR maybe reacting to something happening on the WAN port. 
I just put a CM3000 series cable modem online today. I did not reboot the RBR I have connected to it. 
I noticed that after the system was fully up and running and ready, I checked the Show stats button the the RBR850 I have connected to the modem and saw the UpTime on the WAN port of 22 minutes:

RBR850_ShowStats_MGPortCM3000_WANLAG_EnabledSimultaniously.png

However looking at the RBRs debug page, the system uptime there hows 3 plus days of up time. Hasn't changed here.

So I don't think the WAN port uptime is not tied to the debug page uptime. The WAN port uptime is actual connection up time between the RBR and ISP modem or ONT. So if the WAN port is changing up time randomly and the debug page isn't, I guess the WAN port is seeing problem coming from the ISP modem/ONT here. Debug page is reporting full system up time which hasn't changed on yours. 

If the ISP is letting you know there doing things, you'll need to keep track on this and keep monitoring the WAN port up time along with debug just to be sure. I guess these will be different values for you. Hoping that the ISP will be correcting what ever is happening on there side and the RBRs WAN port will stop loosing connection with the ISP services. 

Message 72 of 88
JesseDiaz
Guide

The work they did was a 30 minute window. I guess you are hoping whatever they did will resolve the issue. Keep in mind that I’ve had Spectrum for all the 3 gen orbis I’ve had. The current model for 2 of those and there has never been any issues.
Message 73 of 88
JWS9518
Apprentice

Jesse:

I have had issues with Spectrum and their nodes, which has been problematic in my area that would cause disconnection issues.   Have you tried escalating the issue with the provider and seeing if they can determine if there is an issue with the node in the area.   I recently had to call them 3 times in less than a week before my network issues were resolved as a lot of times their techs that send out for service really don't know much about fixing the issues. 

Message 74 of 88
JesseDiaz
Guide

4 reboots since last update.  Here is the latest which just happened.

JesseDiaz_0-1710855919319.png

Message 75 of 88
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 87 replies
  • 11 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7