× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi 970 Wifi issues with specific devices

Dilby
Tutor

Orbi 970 Wifi issues with specific devices

I have moved from a pretty much rock solid 5 year old system to this >£2000 system with intermittent issues. My setup is one wired satellite and one wireless satellite in exactly the same physical locations as my previous system. The issues seen so far are:

1) Intermittent disconnection of Google Nest Hub Max. Usually resolved itself within a minute. The device is located almost immediately below the wireless satellite through a wooden floor.

2) Disconnection of Sky Q mini-box (wireless to the main Sky Q), requiring power cycling to get it to connect to the main Sky Q box. As far as I know, Sky Q uses it's own wireless network for bridging the two boxes, but still relies on the home network for internet connectivity/streaming

3) Nest Outdoor camera dropping connection intermittently. This camera should be in range of at least two if not three of the Orbi units.

4) iphone dropping connection and having to "forget network" and reconnect to get it to connect. This has only happened twice in the last week.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi 970 Wifi issues with specific devices

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6A STP is recommended. 

How many RBS are deployed? 
What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

What is the distance between the router 📡 and satellite(s)🛰️? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR 📡 and RBS 🛰️ to begin with depending upon building materials when wired or wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite ‌‌🛰

Are you using the Main WLAN for all wireless devices or are you using the separate IoT network for wireless devices? 

Does this happen with the RBS turned OFF? 
Does this happen with both wireless and wired devices? 
What channel configurations are currently set on the router?  
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Be sure to disable any MAC Address randomizers on phones and pads while at home:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-App/NETGEAR-Mobile-Applications-and-Apple-Devices-FAQ/td-p/222...

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Dilby wrote:

I have moved from a pretty much rock solid 5 year old system to this >£2000 system with intermittent issues. My setup is one wired satellite and one wireless satellite in exactly the same physical locations as my previous system. The issues seen so far are:

1) Intermittent disconnection of Google Nest Hub Max. Usually resolved itself within a minute. The device is located almost immediately below the wireless satellite through a wooden floor.

2) Disconnection of Sky Q mini-box (wireless to the main Sky Q), requiring power cycling to get it to connect to the main Sky Q box. As far as I know, Sky Q uses it's own wireless network for bridging the two boxes, but still relies on the home network for internet connectivity/streaming

3) Nest Outdoor camera dropping connection intermittently. This camera should be in range of at least two if not three of the Orbi units.

4) iphone dropping connection and having to "forget network" and reconnect to get it to connect. This has only happened twice in the last week.

Message 3 of 4
TOPS119
Apprentice

I am facing the same issue another problem is, speed. When I plug directly from modem I get correct speed when I use wifi I get half the speed

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7