Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AP-mode, Multi-SSID, VLANs and backhaul.

Spidde
Aspirant

AP-mode, Multi-SSID, VLANs and backhaul.

Hi!

I´m thinking about investing in an Orbi-solution but have not been able to find any information that states that all my requirements is supported, at the same time. I´m attaching a sketch of the thought out setup.
Does anyone have any experience in this and could confirm that this will work and also recommend which models to use?

Regards
Peter

Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AP-mode, Multi-SSID, VLANs and backhaul.

Most likely not. Orbi doesn't support separation of SSIDs let alone making each freqency go to a separate VLAN. 

Sounds like you need something more business or enterprise supporting. Orbi is for home. 

Message 2 of 6
Spidde
Aspirant

Ok, thanks. This is my home 🙂

/P

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

I agree with @FURRYe38 .  This is not what Orbi is designed for.  Will be a dismal failure.

I wonder what prompts this design.  "super paranoia?"  belief that somehow traffic on VLAN's adds up to less useage than traffic on a single LAN?  It just seems like a whole lot of bother.

Good Luck

Message 5 of 6
Ragar99
Luminary

@CrimpOn wrote:

I agree with @FURRYe38 .  This is not what Orbi is designed for.  Will be a dismal failure.

I wonder what prompts this design.  "super paranoia?"  belief that somehow traffic on VLAN's adds up to less useage than traffic on a single LAN?  It just seems like a whole lot of bother.

Good Luck

There  are plenty of reasons.  Separation of traffic so you can prioritize more easily, segments that don't need internet access off the top of my head.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7