Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Glad I left the old system up

jhandy
Aspirant

Glad I left the old system up

When using the Orbi network and trying to get access to a email link or any other link I get error code 401(not found). when I switch back to the old system no problem.

If its bit defender, how do I shut it off?

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Glad I left the old system up

Which orbi system?

What firmware are you running?

What modem are you connected to? 

Have you just setup this system (aka is it new)? 

Are you able to access the gui via a browser?

You can go to netgear.com/support/  type in your actual model number and have access to troubleshooting, install manuals, install videos, the actual manual. Its a great resource if you're just setting up the system. 

If its new, you also have access to 90 days of free support. You'd click mynetgear at the top of the page here, register an account, then your device, and from there you can access support. 

Message 2 of 5
jhandy
Aspirant

It's new registered 1/2/20 and is a RBR50. It's connected to a Netgear AC1750 modem. It's a router motem combo and it still works fine.

The orbi must be blocking thus getting error code 401 or page not found. When I switch back to my old system all works fine.

Message 3 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@jhandy wrote:

If its bit defender, how do I shut it off?

Did you activate Armor (Bitdefender) during the setup?  (I always said, "no")  I have heard of only two ways to turn off Armor (1) a new setup (ugh), or (2) open the Orbi "app" (not the web interface), scroll down to "Security", open that and there is an option to turn it off.  I have not done this, as I never turned it on.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

@jhandy wrote:

It's new registered 1/2/20 and is a RBR50. It's connected to a Netgear AC1750 modem. It's a router motem combo and it still works fine.

The orbi must be blocking thus getting error code 401 or page not found. When I switch back to my old system all works fine.

Netgear ac1750 is a speed not a model number. 

Regardless, if you're using a modem router combo and an orbi and the orbi is running in router mode, you're in a double nat which can give you the error your getting. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

your 2 easiest options are to place the combo device in modem only mode or to place the orbi in AP mode. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7