Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nat loopback

Sennevds
Aspirant

Nat loopback

Hi,

I've found a thread about nat loopback but no answer. It looks like nat loopback is not working. I've configured port forwarding which is working perfect when using data on phone of from another network.

When i'm trying to use the same dns name and port from within my home network I can't connect to my webapp.

Is this a known issue(or feature) or do I have to change some settings?

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nat loopback

Its possiblet that loop back isn't supported on Orbi. 

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@Sennevds wrote:

It looks like nat loopback is not working. I've configured port forwarding which is working perfect when using data on phone of from another network.

When i'm trying to use the same dns name and port from within my home network I can't connect to my webapp.

Is this a known issue(or feature) or do I have to change some settings?

Netgear has a web site (dated August, 2018) showing which router models support NAT loopback:

https://kb.netgear.com/000049578/NETGEAR-Router-support-for-NAT-Loopback

None of the Orbi models appear on the list.  Since Orbi is based on OpenWRT and the Nighthawk line is not, my guess is that Orbi does not support NAT loopback.

Message 3 of 5
Sennevds
Aspirant

Owkey that sucks. Going to search for another solution. Thanks for the answer.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Can find you a router that supports loopback then disable it's WiFi on that router and configure Orbi for AP mode and use as your main wireless system. 

Good Luck. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7