Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR40

FIZZYIZZY
Aspirant

Orbi RBR40

My power went out for a few seconds. Now my ORBI is connected to the internet but it’s not. Most apps and other websites work. It’s connected to the modem and the IP address matches. But certain things come back as not connected. Also the blue lights are not on the router or the satellites. Not sure what to do at this point. I’m not up to snuff computer wise and need some extra breakdown as to what to do.
Model: EX7700|AC2200 Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi RBR40

The blue light stays on for only a few minutes to indicate connection.  (People get annoyed when the Orbi ring lights are on all the time, so they show what they are supposed to show and then turn off when the Orbi is operating correctly.)

Here's a link to the color codes:https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite-mean

It might be helpful to do a restart on the modem and the Orbi.  Turn them both off for 1 minute.  Turn the modem on until it stabilizes (which can take 3-4 minutes).  Then turn the Orbi back on and see what the lights do.

Message 2 of 3
FIZZYIZZY
Aspirant

Re: Orbi RBR40

Thank you CrimpOn for the advice. I wound up just changing the name of the orbi router, doing a reboot and everything went back to normal.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7