Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Satellite Reboot

gspeaking
Follower

Orbi Satellite Reboot

Need help! I have the Orbi CBR750 with two satellites, one of the satellites is currently offline. Here is my dilema. This system is at my other property, in another state. I thought, once I discovered the unit off, that if I rebooted the Cable Modem Router it would reconnect. To my dismay it did not but the other did. My question is there a way I can reboot just the non connected satellite? Thank you for any assistace in advance.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi Satellite Reboot

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX with Built in Cable modem (WiFi 6) products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi and Cable modems and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@gspeaking wrote:

Need help! I have the Orbi CBR750 with two satellites, one of the satellites is currently offline. Here is my dilema. This system is at my other property, in another state. I thought, once I discovered the unit off, that if I rebooted the Cable Modem Router it would reconnect. To my dismay it did not but the other did. My question is there a way I can reboot just the non connected satellite? Thank you for any assistace in advance.

The Orbi app (or the web interface) can reboot the router because the router is powered on. (and working) Someone needs to physically power the satellite off and back on. (unplug and replug if how to work the power button is not obvious)  If the satellite is not connecting for some other reason.... oh, dear.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@gspeaking wrote:

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7