Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi dropping every hour. I am so frustrated with Netgear.

SandyYani
Initiate

Orbi dropping every hour. I am so frustrated with Netgear.

With so many threats about Orbi dropping… There’s definitely a problem. I believe Netgear knows it and is not addressing the problem with consumers. Very frustrated with this company. I’ve had my Orbi for a year. It constantly loses connection. I’ve tried rebooting, I make sure satellite is within 20 feet. I thought I was purchasing a reliable system. If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it. As it is the system is worthless.
Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi dropping every hour. I am so frustrated with Netgear.

1. What modem are you using? 

2. What firmware is on your orbi router and satellites?

3. 20ft is to close. They need 30 ft minimum between router and satellite.

4. When you say its dropping, be specific. Is the wireless dropping out, is it saying "no internet available", is it rebooting, what exactly is going on? Saying its dropping doesn't help us much. 

5. Are hardwired devices having issue, only wireless devices, is it devices connected to the satellite having issues, etc.

6. how big is your home? What materials is it made of? 

You see a lot of complaints on here. Sadly you will because its the communty forum where people come when they have issues. the people who don't have issues, aren't on here. 

Message 2 of 4
SandyYani
Initiate

1. arris dcx3635w
2. v2.3.5.26
3. Its wireless dropping. And just like everyone else .. it drops it reboots it drops it reboots.
4. I just measured and they are 31 feet apart
5. I have the correct system for my home - 2700 sq ft
7. I purchased system from Costco.
8. It literally drops several times a day
9. I wanna throw the thing out the window however I’ve been settling for wine and headache medicine mostly. Ugh
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@SandyYani wrote:
1. arris dcx3635w-----Which is a modem/router/media bridge device. do you have your Orbi in AP mode or the Arris in passthrough/modem only mode? If not, you're in a double nat which can cause many different issues. 
2. v2.3.5.26----On the satellites as well? 
3. Its wireless dropping. And just like everyone else .. it drops it reboots it drops it reboots.------the wired devices aren't having issues? Is it the devices connected to a certain satellite or all of them rebooting? 
4. I just measured and they are 31 feet apart
5. I have the correct system for my home - 2700 sq ft-------and how many satellites do you have? 
7. I purchased system from Costco.------when? is it still within warranty or support period? 
8. It literally drops several times a day
9. I wanna throw the thing out the window however I’ve been settling for wine and headache medicine mostly. Ugh

Key here is your arris device. Its a modem/router/media bridge/moca adapter device. Do you have your orbi in AP mode or the arris in passthrough modem only mode? 

Another though is to narrow the problems. shut off the satellites and just run the router for a period of time. See if the system stays stable that route.

I'd also check with costco on return/exchange. They have an amazing return exchange program. Maybe you have a defective unit.I've used orbi for years and not had the issues you're having. 

this is the community forum, the more info you give us the better. We can't help with short/brief responses. Please go into details. We're not at your residence and the less info you give us, the less we can help. 

have you factory reset/reinstalled at all? 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7