Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi rbk50 router rings stays white never blinks

rick24wag
Aspirant

Orbi rbk50 router rings stays white never blinks

I just got my orbi rbk50 router and sat pair from amazon and I have fios so I first turned off the wifi. I plugged the Ethernet cable into a lan port on my existing router and the other side into the internet port of the orbi router and powered on. The top ring light just stays constant white no matter what. I tried to do factory reset but it took may tries of pushing in the tiny button for Will over 10 sec to get the power light to blink amber but it did but still nothing. Can't log into orbi website cause I'm not on their network either. My main concern is why the white light stays lit when it should only do that at boot up then blink white. Any ideas? Thanks s bunch
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi rbk50 router rings stays white never blinks

Hello rick24wag

try unplugging orbi from your other router then plug a PC into orbi and log into the settings. The second router could be causing the issue and be using the same IP you need to get into the orbi settings. Also if you are going to use that other router I would suggest setting orbi to AP mode.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
rick24wag
Aspirant

Hello since I have fios i tried to set up orbi as an access point but it still didn't work. I am not able to log into the router from a pc. The power LED by the power switch in the back is blinking green and the ring LED on top of the router is constant white and it always constant white. The satilite starts up as white then blinks white then goes solid purple after a few minutes. Since I use fios i need to disable wifi on my old router and set up the orbi as an access point correct? that is what I've been doing and I've also plugged in the internet cable into the internet port of the orbi router and then my coumputer ethernet cable into a lan port but still no luck. Only thing that kind of worked was i set a static ip in my lan card and was able to ping it but I couldn't log into the orbi router or log onto the netgear network to make it work. Think i should upgrade the firmware? I've done a hard reset many times to factory default and that didn't help either. thanks

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello rick24wag

You may want to contact support they may be able to help with the setup for this. And if something is wrong with the system they will be able to replace the unit if needed.

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7