Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: S8 doesn't connect to 5ghz

Amoham3
Aspirant

S8 doesn't connect to 5ghz

Hi
My Samsung Galaxy s8 doesn't register on the 5ghz network. I have tried forgetting the network rejoining it, all it does it reonnects to the 2.4 ghz I am have tried sitting very close to the router a the satellite. I am using the latest version of firmware v2.0.0.74. Actually both my Android phone are connecting to 2.4 where as the iPhone connecting to 5 GHz. Can some body pls help. My main phone is Android so
Thanks
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've just done a quick google search and this seems to be a common issue with Android devices. I don't know the solution as there seems to be a lot and I don't have an android device to try with. You may want to look at this as an android issue search there.

Message 2 of 5
Amoham3
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I doubt I can do any changes on the phone. Searched for Android related issued couldn't find any tips. Lately tried connecting pixel 1 stock Android and note 8 same problem connects to the 2.4 GHz. I have read many complaint for the firmware 2.0.0.74 don't know how it would have behaved on earlier firmware. Any one has some experience pls share
Message 3 of 5
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Amoham3 wrote:
... Searched for Android related issued couldn't find any tips....

Since you have problems with finding info on it - I like to search google with all the specific information provided .. here you go - https://www.google.ca/search?newwindow=1&q=galaxy+s8+does+not+connect+to+5ghz&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUK...

Message 4 of 5
AshiqurRony
Aspirant

Hi,

I was having issue connecting my samsung s8 with my newly purchased Netgear R6220 router at 5GHz.  I've changed my wireless Channel to 157 instead of auto and i got the 5GHz in my phone..... You may try that....

|Just my 2 cents|

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7