Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wired ethernet backhaul connection does not show status on orbilogin site

Nachum
Aspirant

Wired ethernet backhaul connection does not show status on orbilogin site

Hi

I Use the Orbi RBK23-100PES (1 router + 2 satelites)

I connect the satelites using wired connection (ethernet backhaul connection)

I first sync the system not using the wired connection, as explain on the forums

When the network synced, I see the satelites status OK on the www.orbilogin.com site on Attched Devices page  (the site which hosted by the router, in my case on 10.0.0.1 IP address) 

After that i disconnect the satelites and connect them using the wired connection on the places i need to cover my home

I connect the first satelite and wait 10 minutes to sync(in the forums i see recomandation to wait 5 minutes between). I been able to browse throw this satelite, but the satelite is not shown as OK on the Attached Devices Page but disconnecetd. The IP and the Connection Type and the Connected Orbi columns are empty

It happened on both of my satelties 

I also do not see the devices which are connecetd throw those satelites on the web site 

Ideas? 

Thx 

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 11
ekhalil
Master

Re: Wired ethernet backhaul connection does not show status on orbilogin site

1. Since your're using wired backhaul, please make sure Daisy Chain is disabled.
  2. What wired devices do you have connected to Orbi?
  3. Was the IP range 10.0.0.x selected by you or was it set by Orbi at initial setup?
Message 2 of 11
Chuck_M
Mentor

Agree with @ekhalil -- an odd choice for starting IP.

Message 3 of 11
Mooose
Luminary

In trying to diagnose Ethernet backhaul issues in the last few weeks I have noticed lots of glitches in the web interface, such as wireless devices shown as wired and lagging connection status updates for the satellite. After it appears you have a good connection, try logging out from the web interface and restarting your browser.

Message 4 of 11
Nachum
Aspirant

Hi
Thx
I disable the Daisy Chain, but still i do not see the devices as connected 
I double check that this setting is turned off after the system has been reset (this change required system reset)
My Home is wired using Netger GS 608 1Giga switches (4 speard is misc places at home). I have several devices connected wired at home (PC's, TV's Streamers, printer and more)
The IP range was set automaticly to 10.0.0.x when i start the setup process 

Message 5 of 11
Chuck_M
Mentor

I believe you are in a double NAT condition with a router somewhere behind the Orbi.

Are you able to describe precisely by make/model what is upstream of the Orbi (e.g. cable modem, switch, etc) and what is above that?

Solution is there to get this working properly, but you will probably have options to decide 

Message 6 of 11
Nachum
Aspirant

Hi

Attached my home network diagram 

Message 7 of 11
Chuck_M
Mentor

Great diagram (except for the watermarks! LOL).

Ok, the TP 600... I think that is actually a router and not a cable modem.  Does it look like this?

https://www.tp-link.com/au/products/details/cat-15_Archer-VR600.html

It would HAVE to have routing functions since you have computers attached to the netgear GS 608... where would they get their I addresses from?  That would have to be a router with DHCP functionality.

I would put the Orbi between the cable modem and the Netgear switch in router mode, and -- if necessary -- bridge the TP LINK

Message 8 of 11
Chuck_M
Mentor

So that VR600 is indeed a modem/router combination.

If you want to use your ORBI in router mode, you will have to put the RBK23 router between the VR600 and the Netgear Switch.  (Using the appropriate in and out ports)

You will have to also Bridge your TP VR600 which is described in detail here

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2717311

This would make the Orbi handle all routing functionality and wireless connections and the VR600 would only operate as a modem.  

You need to decide if this is what you want before doing anything else.

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@Nachum wrote:

Hi

I Use the Orbi RBK23-100PES (1 router + 2 satelites)

I connect the satelites using wired connection (ethernet backhaul connection)

I first sync the system not using the wired connection, as explain on the forums

When the network synced, I see the satelites status OK on the www.orbilogin.com site on Attched Devices page  (the site which hosted by the router, in my case on 10.0.0.1 IP address) 

After that i disconnect the satelites and connect them using the wired connection on the places i need to cover my home

I connect the first satelite and wait 10 minutes to sync(in the forums i see recomandation to wait 5 minutes between). I been able to browse throw this satelite, but the satelite is not shown as OK on the Attached Devices Page but disconnecetd. The IP and the Connection Type and the Connected Orbi columns are empty

It happened on both of my satelties 

I also do not see the devices which are connecetd throw those satelites on the web site 

Ideas? 

Thx 

Message 10 of 11
Nachum
Aspirant

Hi Chuck

First - thx a lot for your helping me out here ! 

About the diagram, you know how it work when you look for a freeware 🙂 

Yes, as you mentioned, the VR600 is a modem / router which is the DHCP server of the wired and wirless network which it trasnmits.

I currently use the VR600 2.4G wirless network to connect my home HA devices (they work only on 2.4 and fail to work on the combined 2.4G / 5G which the Orbi network provide). The 5G network is disabled

I understand your solution (80% of it currently, and i assume 100% after i will play with it)

Will try your solution and will update the forum on my findings (my family is about to kill me on the network down while trying to make those changes. I will find a late night time window for it 🙂 )

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7