Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

orbi not allowing access to certain websites and apps

mriggott
Follower

orbi not allowing access to certain websites and apps

HELP, my orbi started giving me problem about 2 months ago after resetting it (that didn't work) then researching the problems with 2 routers I read instructions how to  use my u-verse ATT arris NVG589 in bridge mode and my orbi is the router. That worked for about 2 weeks now I am have the same problems. I have had my Orbi set up in the prior configuration (2 routers) with no issues for 2 years until now.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
ekhalil
Master

Re: orbi not allowing access to certain websites and apps

Such issues appear mostly when you have 2 routers in your network. The following is a simple way to find out if you have one or multiple routers in your network:

Please open a Command Prompt on any computer attached to Orbi and type:

tracert 8.8.8.8  (or traceroute 8.8.8.8 if you're using a Mac computer)

1. If you see two private IP addresses listed in the first two hops then you have double NAT. Please check the model of your ISP modem and if you have a manual for it.
  2. If you see only one private address and the second hop shows a public address, then you’re all good and we need then to troubleshoot further to find the root cause of the issue,
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7