× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configuring Trunk and Access Ports with multiple Vlan interfaces in GS752TPP

Alattar
Aspirant

Configuring Trunk and Access Ports with multiple Vlan interfaces in GS752TPP

Hi Experts,

I have a GS752TP switch where I need to have routing enabled for two subnets guest and users plus defualt route back to FW.

Also I need to configure two ports as a trunk ports where I can connect my two access points .

I manged to create two vlans with enabling routing so far.

Issues I have so far:

1- vlan 1 is for mangment and users and vlan 100 is for Guest network , I have ports on each vlan by tagging them (is that correct ?) like port 15,13 the issue when I check arp table I still see MAC addresses on those ports associated with Vlan 1 !!!

2- How to configure access ports and how to configure trunk ports in netgear switch.

Thanks in advanced.

Mudher Alattar, 

Model: GS752TP|ProSAFE 48-port PoE Smart Switch with 8 PoE+-port
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Configuring Trunk and Access Ports with multiple Vlan interfaces in GS752TPP

Hi @Alattar,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I have a GS752TP switch where I need to have routing enabled for two subnets guest and users plus defualt route back to FW.

Let me share the article below and use it as your reference guide:

VLAN Routing on a NETGEAR Smart Switches

Also I need to configure two ports as a trunk ports where I can connect my two access points .

Set the ports as tagged (T) ports on the ports where the Access Points are directly connected.  

1- vlan 1 is for mangment and users and vlan 100 is for Guest network , I have ports on each vlan by tagging them (is that correct ?) like port 15,13 the issue when I check arp table I still see MAC addresses on those ports associated with Vlan 1 !!!

Make sure to remove the port members of VLAN 100 from VLAN 1.  It would be best to create another VLAN then select the port members of it (set it as untagged ports) and set it as the Management VLAN.  

2- How to configure access ports and how to configure trunk ports in netgear switch.

Set the ports as untagged (U) to configure access ports.  To configure trunk ports, set the ports as tagged (T).

Let me share the following articles below for further information:

How do I setup a VLAN trunk link between two NETGEAR switches?

How do I set up one or more VLANs between a NETGEAR ProSAFE firewall and a smart switch?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Configuring Trunk and Access Ports with multiple Vlan interfaces in GS752TPP

Hi @Alattar,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Let me share the article below and use it as your reference guide:

VLAN Routing on a NETGEAR Smart Switches

Set the ports as tagged (T) ports on the ports where the Access Points are directly connected.  

Make sure to remove the port members of VLAN 100 from VLAN 1.  It would be best to create another VLAN then select the port members of it (set it as untagged ports) and set it as the Management VLAN.  

Set the ports as untagged (U) to configure access ports.  To configure trunk ports, set the ports as tagged (T).

Let me share the following articles below for further information:

How do I setup a VLAN trunk link between two NETGEAR switches?

How do I set up one or more VLANs between a NETGEAR ProSAFE firewall and a smart switch?

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Alattar
Aspirant

Many thanks DaneA for your quick responce I will go through the links you sent me and I will let you know.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 4
Alattar
Aspirant

Just want to update you it works fine with me thanks again.

Mudher Alattar,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements