× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I need to update the firmware

DickDay0
Aspirant

I need to update the firmware

I just received a new GS105PE and I'm told I need to update the firmware.  I have downloaded and unzipped the firmware update to my desktop.  (my Netgear router has dumbed down the firmware update so that even I can do it. This one... not so much).

I have no idea what the TFTP Server IP Address is, I believe the image name is "GS105PE_V1.4.0.6.bin".

Would someone please tell me where to find the IP?

Thank you.

Model: GS105PE|ProSafe Plus 5 ports switch with PoE pass through
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: I need to update the firmware

Hi DickDay0,

I'm afraid that we're not that quite familiar with Ubiquiti devices particularly the instant 802.3af adapter you have mentioned if its going to be compatible with the GS105PE switch or any NETGEAR switch.  We don't have any Ubiquiti device/s to try to test it to any NETGEAR switch/es.   You may try to post your inquiry on the Ubiquiti forum site. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello DickDay0, 

Welcome to the community! 

Please install the ProSafe Plus Switches Configuration Utility, I believe you are trying to do the TFTP update using the web interface. Use the configuration utility instead. 

Let us know if you have more questions. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 7
DickDay0
Aspirant

John, that is correct. I was trying it from the web interface, not the CD.  It was suggested that updating from the web ui was somehow better  than using the app.  No idea why.

A Netgear WNDR4700 is my router and it goes to a Ubiquiti Edge-24 500watt switch, which powers the GS105PE. Based on the lights on the GS, it has .3at power.  Port 5 link and activity lights are both solid green.

When I connect either of my 2 Ubiquiti UVC POE cameras, both port 1 and 2 are dead.  Each of these cameras pull a max of 4.5 watts.

I will install the NG app and see if that helps.

Thank you for the welcome and for such a quick reply.

Message 3 of 7
DickDay0
Aspirant

I updated the firmware.  For some reason, I cannot get the GS to recognize the cameras.

Any suggestions?  I read in one of the reviews that a user bought the GS105PE and was able to get his Ubiquiti UVC cameras to work.

It's been said that people over the age of 65 should not be allowed to buy any electronics without a note from their kids.  I'm pushing 70, maybe it's true 🙂

Message 4 of 7
DickDay0
Aspirant

Sorry to drag this out, and I realize I am asking about another brand of equipment. If this needs to be moved to a different forum, or removed altogether, I understand.

This will be my last question...  I am told that Ubiquiti's PoE does not conform to the industry standard, which is why your Netgear GS105PE does not recognize the Ubiquiti PoE cameras.

Ubiquiti sells something called an Instant 802,3af adapter that provides an industry standard PoE connection. I believe this in-line adapter goes between the camera and the pass-through switch, forcing the switch to see the camera.

Does any of this sound correct?

Thanks

Message 5 of 7
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi DickDay0,

I'm afraid that we're not that quite familiar with Ubiquiti devices particularly the instant 802.3af adapter you have mentioned if its going to be compatible with the GS105PE switch or any NETGEAR switch.  We don't have any Ubiquiti device/s to try to test it to any NETGEAR switch/es.   You may try to post your inquiry on the Ubiquiti forum site. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 7
DickDay0
Aspirant

That's what I assumed but thought I would give it a shot.

Thanks you.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements