× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Switch GS305E Switch Discovery Tool and Admin Page Issues

AlexofAllTrades
Follower

Netgear Switch GS305E Switch Discovery Tool and Admin Page Issues

The admin page is timing out from clicking Admin on the Switch Discovery Tool, so I turned the switch on and off and restarted one of the computers connected to it. Now the Switch Discovery Tool doesn't recognize the switch on either computer, but it is showing up in my Windows network settings. My product is not listed in the associated products.

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear Switch GS305E Switch Discovery Tool and Admin Page Issues

@AlexofAllTrades wrote:

The admin page is timing out from clicking Admin on the Switch Discovery Tool, so I turned the switch on and off and restarted one of the computers connected to it.

Typical timeout cause are device IP subnets not matching the computer adapter config. No L0...l2  network connection at all, or some hard firewall rules? Multiple similar switches (unconfigured, no DHCP server) on the same LAN? 

@AlexofAllTrades wrote:

Now the Switch Discovery Tool doesn't recognize the switch on either computer, but it is showing up in my Windows network settings.

Interesting. The GS305E does not have any Windows native discovery features on board.

@AlexofAllTrades wrote:

My product is not listed in the associated products.

No idea which association you are referring here.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements