× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

10G Link between M4300 and MS510TXPP

glvideo
Aspirant

10G Link between M4300 and MS510TXPP

Hi,

I am using a M4300 as a main switch on which all my AV devices are plugged on a concert hall : computers, video projectors...

I also use it extensively to transport all my NDI streams on the venues.

I have 2 MS510TXPP on stage and FOH connected to the 10G copper ports on the M4300 as uplinks.

I am not a network expert. Sorry for the basic questions, still learning 🙂

i would have prefered the brand new M4250 but well... i don't have one...

So i do my best setting up the M4300 for AV. I have followed the Newtek recommandations for NDI.

One thing that comes to my mind, which is not specifically related to AV, is should i set my 10G ports as trunk on all my switches even if i use only one VLAN ? For the record, i use the default VLAN 1 which seems to be a specific VLAN on netgear switches. Should i consider using another dedicated one ? like VLAN 20 or something ?

Also i am trying to understand how to disable QoS...

Thanks a lot

Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: 10G Link between M4300 and MS510TXPP

@glvideo,

One thing that comes to my mind, which is not specifically related to AV, is should i set my 10G ports as trunk on all my switches even if i use only one VLAN ? For the record, i use the default VLAN 1 which seems to be a specific VLAN on netgear switches. Should i consider using another dedicated one ? like VLAN 20 or something ?

If there are VLANs configured on both switches connected, the ports connecting the switches should be set as trunk port (or tagged port).  Kindly check this article below:

How do I setup a VLAN trunk link between two NETGEAR switches?

Also i am trying to understand how to disable QoS...

It seems there is no option to specifically "disable" QoS on both M4300 and MS510TXPP switches, however, you can try and opt to set it to "untrusted" globally.  Go to QoS > CoS > Basic > CoS Configuration then on the Global Trust Mode menu, select Untrusted. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR