× Get free training on Switching for AV over IP and receive AVIXA Credits. Sign up at NETGEAR.academy

Unable to View Web UI - M4250

akirby
Follower

Unable to View Web UI - M4250

Hello,

My institution recently received an M4250-10G2XF-PoE++ to demo for some upcoming classroom AV renovations. I've spent hours attempting to connect to the web UI of the switch to configure it's ports for Q-SYS devices, but can't seem to get it working.

Here is what I've tried thus far.

- Connecting from a laptop directly to the OOB port by setting a static IP of 192.168.0.240/16 on the laptop and attempting to connect to 192.168.0.239, as the M4250 manual states. I'm unable to connect to the web UI and can't ping the switch. I've tried this on multiple laptops and browsers with the same result.

- Connecting from a laptop via a network port using the 169.254.0.0/16 subnet and attempting to connect to 169.254.100.100, as the M4250 manual states. I'm unable to connect to the web UI and can't ping the switch. I've tried this on multiple laptops and browsers with the same result.

- Pressing and holding the reset button for >5 seconds to factory reset the switch and attempt the above steps again with no change in results.

Is there something basic I'm missing? Any suggestions or input is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Amina

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Unable to View Web UI - M4250

More than strange.

The serial console, available on the RJ45 port and on the USB C port as as an USB C to serial port (install the driver before plugging an USB C connection) using the cable provided are not workable either?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

AV over IP Switches by NETGEAR