Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Changes to ReadyNAS Remote following the migration to MyNETGEAR

jonjon1966
Aspirant

Changes to ReadyNAS Remote following the migration to MyNETGEAR

Hi there

I'm new to posting on community sites so not sure who will read, or might respond to this. I use readynas remote with my drive, with several different people accessing it using that system. It seems to be more user friendly than ReadyCLOUD as you can manage the files through a Windows Explorer window (although I'm no expert so there could be better ways). I'm trying to establish though what we need to do (if anything) when things change to MyNETGEAR, to make sure we can still access it in the same way through ReadyNAS remote. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Jon

Model: RN10221D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

ReadyCloud also has a windows client that should let you access the NAS through file explorer.

Everyone you share with will need a mynetgear account (even if they don't own any netgear equipment).   You of course will need to migrate everything to the new readycloud.

Alternatives you could consider are switching to owncloud or using bittorrent sync.  Secure FTP is also an option (FileZilla has a pretty good drag/drop interface).

If you are ok with having the other users have full access to your home network, you could also use OpenVPN.

Message 2 of 7
jonjon1966
Aspirant

Thanks StephenB

Do you know if there is a link somewhere with information on how to use the windows client through ReadyCLOUD? I'm more tempted to work with that rather than introduce additional platforms, if it gives us what we need.

Cheers, Jon

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Probably the best way is to try the current readycloud - it shouldn't interfere with your ability to use remote.

Netgear hasn't said exactly what happens to remote - it is possible that all you'll need to do is switch to the new SSO log-ons.   Hopefully they will clarify that here soon.

Message 4 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jonjon1966,

ReadyNAS Remote has been discontinued in FW 6.5.0, so if you want to still use it, then do not update to BETA 6.5.0 or the official 6.5.0 that is soon to be released. It should still work on 6.4.2 and earlier versions.

Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 5 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jonjon1966,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 6 of 7
mike_coreit
Aspirant

Hi I have since upgraded to firmware 6.5.1 and the option for ReadyNAS Remote has disappeared from the Cloud management page.

I have already set-up a ReadyCLOUD account, but the login is not recognized in the ReadyNAS Remote client.

Edit: I have since discovered there is a ReadyCLOUD client which I have downloaded, and it is working now.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements