Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: New Modem/Router cannot connect ReadyCloud: How to find DNS Server and Router Address

sabrina785
Initiate

New Modem/Router cannot connect ReadyCloud: How to find DNS Server and Router Address

I cannot find the router address and DNS Server on Comcast Business to connect to ReadyCloud.  Where do I look? 

Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: New Modem/Router cannot connect ReadyCloud: How to find DNS Server and Router Address

@Brina785

You need to use the IP_Address found by RAIDar on the http://IP_Address ok?

Regarding Network settings reset, you need to do OS-reinstall, here's a link to do that. You need to choose OS-reinstall. Note this will also set the NAS admin password to default which is password.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 14

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sabrina785

Welcome to the Community!

Are you connecting your NAS or router on ReadyCloud? There are ways you can connect to readycloud. Portal or the App. Are you saying you cannot login or connect your NAS/router to ReadyCloud?

If you can provide us a  screenshot of the error you are getting we might be able to help.

What model if router do you have?

Message 2 of 14
Brina785
Aspirant

Good Morning @Marc_V !

I need your help desperately please. Bottom line, I cannot reach the ReadyCloud Nas422.  Here's the issue:

1. I configured the Comcast Router and reserved an IP address on the Comcast Router and on the NAS422.  
  2. Comcast then realized that they erroneously did not remove the Static IPs on their Comcast Router
  3. I allowed them to remove the Static IPs before I realized that I should have changed the IP on the Router.  I called them back and they put back the IP on the Comcast Router to match the IP configured in the Nas422.
  4. For some reason, I can no longer access the Admin Page to the Nas422.  I need to connect to it to change the DNS Server and IP address on the NAS422.

I have called Netgear Tech Support 3x this morning and they cannot help.  I emailed Netgear ReadyNas Support at 8:12PM last night with no response.

@Marc_V can you help me?  Is there anyway you can call me?

Thanks!

Sabrina

Message 3 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@Brina785 wrote:

For some reason, I can no longer access the Admin Page to the Nas422.  I need to connect to it to change the DNS Server and IP

Can you ping the IP address of the NAS?  If you can, have you tried browsing to https://nas-ip-address/admin (using the real IP address of course).

One option is to do an OS reinstall on the NAS from the front panel.  That will

• reset the IP configuration to factory default (DHCP)
  • reset the admin password back to password
  • Disable quota on the volume settings page (which can be re-enabled by clicking on the settings wheel next to the volume, and then choosing settings).

Instructions are on pages 89-90 here: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

FWIW, it is generally better to use IP address reservation in the router, instead of assigning static addresses in the various devices.  Then if something changes, you might not get the address you expect, but you will still be able to reach the NAS.  

Message 4 of 14
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@sabrina785 @Brina785

If I understand you correctly you have set a Static IP on your NAS422?

You can check what IP your NAS have by using RAIDar. Your ISP might have reset or changed your Network address in which the NAS is possibly not on the same Network which results to you not being able to connect to it and to ReadyCloud.

If your NAS has a different IP than your Network, you may want to proceed and do an OS-Reinstall that resets the Network settings and sets your NAS to obtain IP from your router and password of your NAS to default.

1. Download RAIDar to check on the NAS if it is still getting the same IP as with your Network.

2. If the IP network changed, perform an OS-reinstall on the NAS to set the Network settings to default but will reset your NAS password to default as well. Instructions here.

3. Once the NAS obtains a new IP from the router you should be able to access the NAS and connect it back to ReadyCloud.

HTH

Message 5 of 14
Brina785
Aspirant

@Marc_V  hello!

If I do an OS Reinstall, I just read somewhere that it will reset to factory settings and I will lose all my data.  Is that correct?

Is there anyway I can speak with you?

Sabrina

Message 6 of 14
Brina785
Aspirant

Marc_V:  

When I connect my laptop directly to the NAS, the RaidAr can see the Static IP on the NAS.  Is that helpful at all?

Sabrina

Message 7 of 14
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Brina785

That is a good sign, Have you tried using the IP to access the NAS? You can try accessing the NAS by using the IP  ex. http://nas-ip-address. If you still can't access it most likely the Laptop has a different IP address. It would be best to perform OS-reinstall at this time and set reservation IP for the NAS next on the router.

OS-Reinstall should not affect the Data volume but please follow the instructions carefully.

HTH

Message 8 of 14
Brina785
Aspirant

@Marc_V If I do a Factory Reset will I lose all my data?  Is there a way to do a Network Reset without losing all my data?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 14
Brina785
Aspirant

@Marc_V Can you send me the link again to do OS_Reinstall please?  I will try again to access it directly from my laptop by using http://nas-ip-address

I will let you know what happens now...

Message 10 of 14
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Brina785

You need to use the IP_Address found by RAIDar on the http://IP_Address ok?

Regarding Network settings reset, you need to do OS-reinstall, here's a link to do that. You need to choose OS-reinstall. Note this will also set the NAS admin password to default which is password.

Message 11 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@Brina785 wrote:

If I do an OS Reinstall, I just read somewhere that it will reset to factory settings and I will lose all my data.  Is that correct?

No, that is not correct. The factory default described in the link I posted above would destroy your data.  But not the OS reinstall.  

Message 12 of 14
sabrina785
Initiate

@Marc_V !!! OMG!!  I could kiss YOU!!!  Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! I reset the OS Network and carefully followed the instructions!!!  No loss of data and all connections are back working again!!!

Thank you soooooooo much!

Sabrina

Message 13 of 14
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Brina785 @sabrina785

Good to hear all is back to normal. Happy we were able to help 🙂

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements