Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RN102 no longer working with ReadyCloud.

Jorayh73
Aspirant

RN102 no longer working with ReadyCloud.

RC-1.PNGRC-2.PNGRC-3.PNGRC-4.PNGFirmware is 6.6.1 and the problem is that I can't access the NAS through the cloud. It once work fine and for about a year no problem. I have set it back up the way it did work before and still nothing. I have rebooted the NAS still nothing, please help because this is the main reason I bought this units was to access it remotely.

Model: RN10221D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2-Bay
Message 1 of 28

Accepted Solutions
Jorayh73
Aspirant

I have it working now.....don't know what I did but I did follow everything in this last posting and it's working now.

Thank you

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 28

All Replies
jak0lantash
Mentor

Message 2 of 28
Jorayh73
Aspirant

I have not lost any files and I can access the Server locally. I can't access it at all using the ReadyCloud app from any devices that I've once could.

Message 3 of 28
Jorayh73
Aspirant

And I follow the steps stated here and have the screenshots of how it's setup.

Message 4 of 28
jak0lantash
Mentor

I can't see your screenshots because they weren't approved yet by a moderator.

The ReadyCLOUD issue is not just about data loss. You also need to reactivate it.

Message 5 of 28
Jorayh73
Aspirant

I here are two of the pictures and I'm sure that I have reconnected it. Maybe I missed something.

RC-4.PNGRC-3.PNG

Message 6 of 28
jak0lantash
Mentor

Ok. Once a moderator have approved your pictures, I hope to be able to help you further.

Message 7 of 28
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Jorayh73,

What do you see when you click Home? This should show the shares of your NAS. Manage tab is where you will see the ReadyCloud users you have added.

Regards,

Message 8 of 28
Jorayh73
Aspirant

In the Shares tab I see the folder that I want and it shows my admin and cloud account to the left of it.

Message 9 of 28
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Jorayh73,

From what I understand is you are not able to access your NAS via ReadyCloud portal. Looking at the screenshots you sent, I saw on the first image that your NAS is detected on the ReadyCloud portal, so I asked what you see under Home tab as this should show you the shares of the NAS, and when you click Manage tab, you should see the ReadyCloud users you have invited. Is this what you see? Because if yes then you are able to access the NAS via ReadyCloud. If you want to get to the admin page remotely, you should be using ReadyCloud desktop app, but if you are just locally getting to the admin page, it is much better to use http://<LAN IP of the NAS>/admin (ex: http://192.168.5.1/admin).

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Regards,

Message 10 of 28
Jorayh73
Aspirant

Ok please see images.....because I believe I have everything that you stated.Shares Tab.PNGShares Config.PNGReadyCloud-1.PNGReadyCLOUD 2.jpg

Message 11 of 28
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

First make sure that any data in the home folders for your ReadyCLOUD users is backed up. Then go to the Cloud tab on the local web admin page, leave ReadyCLOUD and try joining it again.

Message 12 of 28
craer
Aspirant

i have the same prob 

i have a RN102-100

with 2 (2Tb Drives)

wife could not get on readycloud and looking in to it

on front view the cloud owner account was removed and readycloud was turned off

i resighned in and loged in even with admin login and ALL the privat home Shares where not there

this nas is my 2nd and dident have much on it atleast in space but where did it all go

how do i get it all back

Message 13 of 28
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you had data loss craer there are instructions on how to contact support in the article jak0lantash linked to.

Message 14 of 28
craer
Aspirant

Yes thank you I've read through it a few times It's a little confusing on what you should and shouldn't do I wish there was some form of a letter that went out about this instead of me finding out the way I did because I'm fortunately I try to re-sign back into ready cloud on the nas. I'm just helping myself is not lost I was just wondering how other People success was receiving their lost data. People success was receiving their lost data I love the new iOS 6 system with a sumo capabilities but I am very confused on how it actually files everything in the as I love the new iOS 6 system with a sumo capabilities but I am very confused on how it actually files everything in the nas it's not like the old 4.0 at least from what I can tell But I put my system into support mode and filed the report with customer service have not heard back yet
Message 15 of 28
jak0lantash
Mentor

With a little bit more punctuation, this would have been easier to read.

You should now wait for NETGEAR Support to get in touch with you.

Message 16 of 28
craer
Aspirant

I apologize for that I do a lot of voice to text. With my dyslexia I have a hard time spelling let alone proofreading anything Spellcheck is useless because I don't know if it's correcting me the right way I do appreciate you taking the time to read it though The new OS operates a lot differently and how everything is handled to compare to what I'm used to And now with this hick up with cloud users I'm a little weary Just want to make sure I get it taken care of and can prevent it in the future before I switch over completely to a bigger system with the new operating system here soon Thanks again for the time
Message 17 of 28
Jorayh73
Aspirant

I have it working now.....don't know what I did but I did follow everything in this last posting and it's working now.

Thank you

Message 18 of 28
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

craer please make sure you either connect a USB disk to your ReadyNAS or provide support with details to backup to some other network storage on your network. We can't start the data recovery attempt without this.

Message 19 of 28
jak0lantash
Mentor

@craer wrote:
I apologize for that I do a lot of voice to text. With my dyslexia

Then I apologize for making a comment about it.

Message 20 of 28
craer
Aspirant

First don't worry about the comment it was fine .At least I am used to it. Didn't think anything of what was said at all just trying to explain so no one got frustrated with my posts. So just hook up a USB external hard drive or something to the back of the readiness And tech-support will use that to dump the files on? I didn't see that in the instructions. All I know was when I was reading the instructions said if you reattached a cloud account your data could be gone and I did that since I didn't know what was going on in till I googled the problem after I saw my data was gone.
And just by the way I appreciate the help I've never been on a form that I have had this much attention so quickly with help rather than BS
Message 21 of 28
craer
Aspirant

update

no clue whats going on . i think thay closed the case helping me i have no clue whats being done this is what i got after thay asked for the emails of the accounts that where on readycloud with lost data  and then it tells me the case was closed

NETGEAR Support 4/25/2017 2:40 PM

Dear craer,

Thank you for the update. I will not escalate your case to level 3. Please keep checking your email for further updates.

**To update this case please click on the link attached below ("To send a follow-up response, click on the following link").

NETGEAR Support 4/26/2017 7:59 AM

Dear craer,

Please follow case # XXXXXXXX for date recovery issue. We will archive this case #YYYYYYYY now. Thanks!

Message 22 of 28
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Yes. Connect a USB disk and update the new case to indicate that you've done that.

You have two MyNETGEAR accounts and the unit is registered to a different profile to the one you emailed from so they opened a case for the profile your unit is registered against and closed the other one.

Message 23 of 28
craer
Aspirant

got ya  ya i dont see a new case in my account  i did get a 1Tb usb3.0 drive on there a little bit a go when i got home... i dident know what email thay wanted.. the way i have mine set up is i have a email just that owens the readycloud account  "cloud owner" then ones for all the account mine my fifes my friends to use it.. so we all have a privite share folder for are own stuff and then the public ones. i am new to this ready cloud stuff i liked the way the onld remote system worked. it all fell under local accouns and had remote access to the files wile still haveing are own folders for are own stuff that was privite from other accounts on the same cloud

Message 24 of 28
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If your NAS isn't registered it automatically registers to your ReadyCLOUD admin account when joining it to ReadyCLOUD.

Message 25 of 28
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 27 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements