Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

jbattista
Tutor

ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

I am receiving this error  "ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)".  This happens on both Windows 7 and Mac OS clients.

- MacOS 10.13.6

- Windows 7 

- Readycloud OS 6.9.3  (Antivirus = Off  / File Search = off)

- ReadyCloud client MacOS v1.6

- ReadyCloud client Windows 7 v1.16

- Netgear Router R7000

- Netgear Switch GS108T

All forum threads report that its been fixed.  It also seems to be a recurring problem.  The solutions that I have tried are reinstalling ready cloud application and rebooting server.  I also shutdown the server and restarted.   Nothing seems to work.  Web portal and iphone apps appear to be working but not the desktop applications.

I can not admin on ReadyCloud server since I am remote and it only allows access when on the same LAN.  This is another problem since I am 30 miles from the cloud server and can only reboot it when at the site.  This is not much of a cloud server since it can only be access when on the local network. 

Any other suggestions or different solutions available?  

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

Do you still see this on 6.9.4 Beta?

Message 2 of 11
jbattista
Tutor

I have not tried 6.9.4 beta. How can I download it?

An update from original post: the windows 7 client is now connecting and the macOS version reports ReadyNas offline.
Model: RN212D22|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay
Message 3 of 11
bedlam1
Prodigy

You can download 6.9.4 Beta HERE

Message 4 of 11
jbattista
Tutor

Sorry for the late response.  I was waiting 21 hours for Time Machine to back up before i could remove my computer from the network.  Thank you for the link.  I updated the NAS to the latest beta.  Windows client is working but MacOS client is still reporting VPN Disconnected.  This is on the same MacOS computer with Windows 7 running on Parallels.  MacOS & Windows clients both work without problem when i'm on the local network but being remote is still the problem.  I have reinstalled the MacOS client.  I have rebooted the NAS with the Windows client. I have also checked MacOS firewall settings and ready cloud client is open for communications.  i'm not sure what else to check.  I have nothing but NetGear equipment: router, switch, plus this NAS.  So, I'm thinking the MacOS client is problem.

Model: RN212D21|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay
Message 5 of 11
jbattista
Tutor

My ReadyNas has been upgraded to 6.9.5 Release Candidate 2.  This is still happening for desktop client on Mac and sporadically for Windows Client.  I have reinstalled the clients.  I have also disabled the firewall but no luck connecting when I'm not locally connected to the ReadyNAS

Is there a beta version of the MacOS desktop client?  This version appears to be a year old v1.6 (2017).

Model: RN212|2 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 6 of 11
SvdWilt
Initiate

I have also this message. Have dona also all the tips & tricks, but no result.    All my collegues have the same problem. It is indeed a recurring problem and for now I feel some regret for my choise for Netgear. Nice for home, not for business.

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 7 of 11
R-Fabio
Tutor

Rif.: ReadyNAS online (VPN Disconnected)

Good morning, 

I'm having the "online - VPN disconnected " issue on all PCs of my office that are using readycloud. 

ReadyNAS 314 - firmware 6.9.4
Windows 10 on almost all PCs. 

I've seen several topics signed as solved, but I wasn't able to solve the issue following the procedures listed there. 
As it is a recurring problem, it would be helpful if Netgear could provide us some sort of FAQ or standard solving procedure for this issue. 

Is that something that can be done, or maybe someone that was able to solve this issue? 
Thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 11
R-Fabio
Tutor

Just to add some informations that could be useful in the research of the problem: 

I have 3 NAS, one is facing this issue, the other 2 no. 
The only difference I see in the configuration, is that in th CLOUD tab of the admin page, when I enter into the settings of the readycloud app and I try to set the port 6300 TCP, the system seems to save this configuration but if I exit and re-enter into the admin page the configuration of the port is lost. 

On the other 2 NAS, if I set a port into that tab, the configuration is kept and everything works fine. 

Message 9 of 11
jbattista
Tutor

I recently updated to 6.9.4.  That doesn't seem to make a difference.  I have zero success with connecting with the MacOS client.  The Windows client seems to work most of the time; but not 100%. The iOS client works all of the time.  Sometime you need to logout and login again.  I have not tried changing the port but I will and report back.  Personally, I think its the MacOS client.  It hasn't been updated since 2017, whereas the Windows was just updated.  

Model: RN21200|ReadyNAS 212 Series 2-Bay (Diskless)
Message 10 of 11
jbattista
Tutor

Yes, I still see this is 6.9.4, now the released version

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements