Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Readynas 312 - no shares present in Readycloud

Jeu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Readynas 312 - no shares present in Readycloud

Hi,

After some problems I finally managed to connect my Readynas 312 to Readycloud but all my shares are invisible. In ready cloud the Homepage with Modelnumber and Serialnumber is open and the "Manage" and "Discover" sections are also accessible. In the NAS userinterface on my iMac I created a ReadyCloud user (the user account I use to login to readycloud) but in the cloud there's no user present. I als don't succeed in inviting a user to Readycloud. What could cause these problems and/or how can I fix this?

Thanks
Message 1 of 12
Nhellie
Virtuoso

open port 6300 and point it to the IP of your NAS.
Message 2 of 12
Jeu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took your advice (thanks for that by the way) and I can connect to my NAS at "http://readycloud.netgear.com/client/index.html#page=access" but my shares are still not visible.
The connection was made however from my own residence and not from a location outside. As far as I know this should not be a problem because the connection is made by connecting via the servers of ReadyCloud. Also there are nu users present at ReadyCloud and I can't invite users.
Message 3 of 12
Jeu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Connection to the NAS shares in ReadyCloud is finally established. I presume the port forwarding needed some time to activate. Thanks for the help Nhellie.
Message 4 of 12
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Nice 🙂
Message 5 of 12
soosie999
Aspirant

HI Nhellie
I ahve the same problem - where do I "open port 6300... "
Cheers Soosie
Message 6 of 12
StephenB
Guru

soosie999 wrote:
HI Nhellie
I ahve the same problem - where do I "open port 6300... "
Cheers Soosie
He means forward WAN port 6300 to the NAS's local IP address, which is done in your router.
Message 7 of 12
soosie999
Aspirant

Thanks for that.

I have now done that but the port is still not open (according to a checker site) and ReadyCloud still can't see my shares - after 3 days I'm about to give up.

Thanks anyway.
Message 8 of 12
StephenB
Guru

Did you try rebooting your router? Also perhaps contact your ISP.
Message 9 of 12
pdelges
Guide

After spending some time trying to get ReadyCloud working from my Mac and iPads, I discovered that the SMB service has to be running on the NAS, and selected as an available protocol for the shares you want to access.
In a Mac only environment like here, there was no reason to turn on SMB. Why can't the NAS display a warning when setting up ReadyCloud in such a case?
Message 10 of 12
Nhellie
Virtuoso

pdelges wrote:
After spending some time trying to get ReadyCloud working from my Mac and iPads, I discovered that the SMB service has to be running on the NAS, and selected as an available protocol for the shares you want to access.
In a Mac only environment like here, there was no reason to turn on SMB. Why can't the NAS display a warning when setting up ReadyCloud in such a case?

Probably because readycloud is more focused on the remote access side (?), this is a good feature though. Try posting it on the "Feature Request" board.
Message 11 of 12
soosie999
Aspirant

I still can't see my 314 shares in the main screen of ReadyCloud despite doing all the suggested things and I already had SMB running. But if I open the Admin web interface through Readycloud I can see all the shares like normal.
And to make it even weirder I have a Duo that works perfectly over REadyCloud all shares visible at all levels.
I have looked at every setting between them and can find NO difference.
My main issue is that I wanted to share some of my 314 with someone else but cannot find a way.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements