Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Ultra 4 remote access not working

EnochPowell
Aspirant

Ultra 4 remote access not working

Cannot get remote access to work any more. Remote access seems to have become readycloud which has become a netgear account yada yada.

Spent ages trawling the internet for an explanation but netgear websites explain nothing. Said it wanted to upgrade my cloud account, then says account already upgraded. It's just a complete unnessesary windup and I feel like I have aged at least 10 years. Firmware is 4.2.31

Model: ReadyNAS RNDU4000|ReadyNAS Ultra 4 Chassis only
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello EnochPowell,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

ReadyCloud is only for the newer OS6.x devices.  If your Ultra4 is still running OS 4.2.x, then you still use ReadNAS Remote.  There was some trouble with the ReadyNAS remote server a little while back, but it is fixed now.

You can migrate your NAS to OS6.x if you like, but it is officially unsupported and it will wipe out your data.

Message 2 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello EnochPowell,

You cannot use ReadyCloud account on a ReadyNAS Remote app and on a legacy unit (ReadyNAS OS4 and OS5). If you have upgraded your account to ReadyCloud, can you check please if you will still be able to login at remote.readynas.com? Use the old userID which is not in an email address format. If you are no longer able to login, I guess, it is best you create a new account and manage ReadyNAS Remote using the FrontView of your ReadyNAS and add your new ReadyNAS Remote account.

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
EnochPowell
Aspirant

Thanks for the help, I'll try and get it to work again.

Message 4 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello EnochPowell,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements