Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iOS 11.2.1 ReadyCLOUD SSL error

Robmon
Aspirant

iOS 11.2.1 ReadyCLOUD SSL error

Hi since updating apple phones to
iOS 11.2.1 when backing up iPhone pics via ReadyCLOUD to the NAS it will back up a few pics then stop with an error saying SSL error. Other devices with earlier IOS software are working ok. Thanks
Message 1 of 14
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: iOS 11.2.1 ReadyCLOUD SSL error

Hi @Robmon

This has been reported to engineering and is currently being handled. I would still suggest logging a case with NETGEAR Support so they can investigate and escalate the case if needed.

Regards

Message 2 of 14
cumina
Aspirant

Hi I have bought a Nightgear Nighthawk X10 router and attached a hard drive via usb and enabled readycloud toi backup photos from an iphone to the attached router hard drive but sine updating my itunes i keep on getting an SSL error every time the readycloud app trys to back up a photo. What is this and how do i fix this/ get past this.

Has an update / patch being made for the app to deal with this or whats the go???

URGENT RESPONSE REQUIRED

Message 3 of 14
cumina
Aspirant

Mark V have the netgear engineers sorted this iussue out. Its being a month since your last comms and still no fix that im aware of?

Message 4 of 14
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @cumina,

We are monitoring the investigation, might release a new version that will be uploaded on the app store. I will try to provide another update as there is no ETA on this.

Regards

Message 5 of 14
AlekB
Initiate

Looks like there still no fix????

Message 6 of 14
Robmon
Aspirant

Not sure how they sell this as a home
Network and the ReadyCLOUD software with lack of service. Any other software that will send pics of phones to a NAS doesn’t look like there is a solution coming here
Message 7 of 14
StephenB
Guru

Resilo Sync includes a mobile device backup feature, and they also have an app for OS 6 ReadyNAS.

There are also some SMB file managers for iOS that you could try - those would require manual copying.  For remote copying you'd need to deploy a VPN.   OpenVPN is included in Nighthawk routers, and you could also use ZeroTier in the NAS.

Message 8 of 14
Robmon
Aspirant

So I have uploaded the latest firmware on the NAS and the new update to ReadyCLOUD. It starts to copy across the photos and then stops after 1 pic. So before the last update to ReadyCLOUD and the NAS it was doing the same thing except it was giving me a ssl error. Please tell mentality m doing something wrong and the updates have fixed the issue with people running iOS 11.2.1 PLEASE!!
Message 9 of 14
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Robmon

are you connecting through mobile data? or local connection? 

Have you tried rebooting your phone after installation of the ReadyCloud app?

Message 10 of 14
Robmon
Aspirant

Yes I just re booted the phone no difference. I am connecting via my wifi.
Message 11 of 14
Robmon
Aspirant

Hi Marc,
I have rebooted the phone and NAS after updates. Copies one photo then stops. No SSL error message, just doesn’t progress after 1 pic? Do we wait for another update to ReadyCLOUD? Has anyone else got this working post the latest nas and ReadyCLOUD update if you are on iOS 11.2. Not good enough to wait this long for an update that still doesn’t fix the problem. Netgear what is the solution? My friend has a Qnap that works fine is that the only solution?
Message 12 of 14
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Robmon,

There is already a new version of ReadyCLOUD app for iOS (v2.0.2). You may try installing that version and see if it can resolve the issue.

Regards,

Message 13 of 14
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Robmon,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements