× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 104 admin page login fail

Nienkerk
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 104 admin page login fail

I've got this problem where I can access the NAS from explorer on my PC and I've shared lots of media to my mediaserver and that works great but i cant login to the admin page on the NAS. So basically I use my user account for shared access to the data but cant use the same username and password to login to the admin page on the NAS. I dont remember my username and cant answer the secutiry questions right, it seems. 

First question, is it possible to use other user accounts than the admin account to login to the admin page?

Second question, If i cant remember my admin password, is it possible to do a reset without loosing all of my 12TB of data?

Model: RN10443D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (4x 3TB Desktop)
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS 104 admin page login fail

The username is admin

If you can't recall the password, you will need to do an OS reinstall from the boot menu.  That will

1. reset the admin password to password.
  2. reset the network configuration to the default DHCP
  3. turn off volume quota (on the volume settings wheel)

Data and other settings shouldn't be affected.

Instructions for doing the OS reinstall is on pages 28-29 of the hardware manual here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

The username is admin

If you can't recall the password, you will need to do an OS reinstall from the boot menu.  That will

1. reset the admin password to password.
  2. reset the network configuration to the default DHCP
  3. turn off volume quota (on the volume settings wheel)

Data and other settings shouldn't be affected.

Instructions for doing the OS reinstall is on pages 28-29 of the hardware manual here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/READYNAS-100/ReadyNAS_%20OS6_Desktop_HM_EN.pdf

Message 2 of 4
Nienkerk
Aspirant

Thanks! Ill read up a bit and maybe try it later tonight. 

Message 3 of 4
Nienkerk
Aspirant

Thank you!

Worked like a charm! 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation