× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

What are folks using for Dynamic DNS (no-ip) client?

BulletRouge
Aspirant

What are folks using for Dynamic DNS (no-ip) client?

Running current OS 6

What are folks using for Dynamic DNS? I have my account on no-ip but having difficulty finding a client I can run on my NAS.

Message 1 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: What are folks using for Dynamic DNS (no-ip) client?

I haven't used it for a while, but DDClient worked for me.  If your router supports it, though, that's typically a better way to go.  See the configuration that worked for me in this thread:

DDClient-by-WhoCares-I-hope-this-one-will-work.

That was when I was still running RAIDar 4.2.x on a Pro6, but I think it should still work.  Lots of guidance you can Google, too.

Message 2 of 4
PCJB
Aspirant

I use no-ip with my ReadyNAS NV+ and it works fine.  My ISP (BT in the UK) does not offer Static IP addresses unless you pay them a fortune!

My router has a dynamic IP WAN process, which checks the WAN ( outside IP) addess and advises no-ip.com when it changes. You configure it for Dynamic IP and choose your supplier, enter username and password. I think this is a standard feature of Routers.

My ReadNAS NV+ has a local fixed IP address 192.168.0.30 and I have set up a port forwarding to the ReadyNAS and it works fine. 

No special software needed for the ReadyNAS.

Message 3 of 4
givememynamebak
Luminary

Try DNSOMatic.  It supports more than one "client" and registrar.  You can have them all sync together or not...  I use it in my Asus Router DDNS update.  You shouldn't have to run it on your NAS but you can as a script if you prefer.  Router config should be easier as I think it's a standard feature these days in modern routers.  Then as the post above indicates, use port forwarding to your NAS.  There's some DNSOMatic plugins too I believe... see: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Community-Add-ons/DnsOmatic/td-p/675811

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements