× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS Duo v2 refuses to install any Add-on

mattg42
Aspirant

ReadyNAS Duo v2 refuses to install any Add-on

Hi community,

I'm using a ReadyNAS Duo v2, with the current firmware 5.3.13 and I've performed a full disk wipe, hard reset on the system. So I've got 1 x WD 2TB drive in it and its health, so everything works, dashboard comes up okay and looks good.

However no matter what Add-In I use, no matter where I've got it, nothing will install. I simply get the error 'An unrecognised server error occurred'

I've tried with community addins from Netgear and commercial ones, I'm just trying to get anything installed now. Is their something I should do to enable add-ins to be installed from my hard drive?

Ive also used Chrome, Safari, Firefox, no joy in trying different browsers either.

Thanks for any help on this.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
mattg42
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS Duo v2 refuses to install any Add-on

The solution was to install the addon using Firefox, for some reason all other browsers give an error using the ReadyNAS web gui. All good and hope this helps someone else.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Did you set up the NAS to use a static IP address?  If you did, make sure you configured a DNS server (and that the subnet mask and gateway are correct).

Message 2 of 6
mattg42
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
I don’t have a static IP, I do however have my DHCP server setup to map this NAS to a specific IP address so I can find it easily.
The network settings are showing a default gateway correctly. Also Domain Name Server is populated in the DNS settings screen.
Are you thinking that an allocated IP address from the DHCP server messes this up? My ReadyNAS duo v1 worked fine in this same setup.
Thanks for your help!
Message 3 of 6
mattg42
Aspirant

Hi, I removed the MAC address filter in the router and rebooted the NAS, it now has a true DHCP IP address and default settings. However same error no matter what addin I use for the Duo V2.
It seems like the time it takes to reject / give the error is correlated to the addin complexity. So the SSH enabler is very quick to give the error and the Transmission one is slower, but they all give the same error.
Thanks again
Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@mattg42 wrote:

Are you thinking that an allocated IP address from the DHCP server messes this up?

No.  Just that many people who manually configure a static IP address in the NAS have forgotten to add the DNS server (and occasionally gotten the gateway and subnet mask wrong).  That will prevent internet access - which can get in the way when apps try to install the packages they need.

That apparently isn't happening in your case.  I don't own a v2 NAS, so I have no way to help troubleshoot.

Message 5 of 6
mattg42
Aspirant

The solution was to install the addon using Firefox, for some reason all other browsers give an error using the ReadyNAS web gui. All good and hope this helps someone else.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements