× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Blocked from certain domains. WNDR4300 Router

KristofferB
Aspirant

Blocked from certain domains. WNDR4300 Router

I have encountered a problem that I can't solve with my router. It seems I am blocked on some domains for some reason and the problem seems to be with the router. I get the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED on chrome on sites such as Dxomark.com, but also on various other sites. I can access the sites if I connect my computer directly to the modem so the router seems to be the problem.

I have no sites blocked and parental controls are disabled. I have tried changing DNS server to google DNS both on the router and in Windows settings. I have tried changing various WAN settings such as MTU size. I can't seem to find a setting for disabling DNS proxying on the router as has been suggested. I know this question has come up before but none of the solutions have worked for me.

Model: WNDR4300|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
KristofferB
Aspirant

Re: Blocked from certain domains. WNDR4300 Router

I just performed a factory reset (how stupid of me to not try this before!) and it have solved my issue!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @KristofferB

When did the issue happen?

Are you using the latest firmware of the router?

Did you try reinstalling the firmware?

If you have not, try that and see if it will help.

Message 2 of 5
KristofferB
Aspirant

Hello, and thanks for the reply. Difficult to say when it happened, but it has been at least 6 months. I installed the latest firmware a couple of days ago but that didn't help. What do you mean by reinstalling firmware and how do I do that?
Message 3 of 5
KristofferB
Aspirant

I just performed a factory reset (how stupid of me to not try this before!) and it have solved my issue!

Message 4 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thank you for the update. 

Glad to hear that it's now resolved.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation