× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't register my R6300

MahamHamed
Aspirant

Can't register my R6300

Hello,

I'm trying to register my router, after manually entering the S/N, it says it is already registered. I have never registered this product and it doesn't show it under the registered products in my account.

Could you please help?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 4

Re: Can't register my R6300

@MahamHamed wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to register my router, after manually entering the S/N, it says it is already registered.

Registered for what? MyNetgear? ReadyCLOUD?

Tried any of this?

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 4
MahamHamed
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I would like to register the product in my.netgear in order to use the "remote control" feature. It seems only after registering the product I can use this feature.

Best, 

Message 3 of 4

@MahamHamed wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I would like to register the product in my.netgear in order to use the "remote control" feature. It seems only after registering the product I can use this feature.

This is now known as Anywhere Access. You probably won't find it in the place where the manual says Remote Management. New firmware has moved it to a place called Web Services Management.

Webservices.jpg

Have you set this up on the Nighthawk App?

How do I enable remote access on my router using the Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Where are you hitting the brick wall? The problem ois that there are different flavours of "Registration", including, for example, ReadyCloud.

You shouldn't need to "register"the product in MyNetgear to get this to work. But this is the way into that process:

NETGEAR Product Registration FAQ | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7