× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dropped connection in P2P Games

ChristopherH
Follower

Dropped connection in P2P Games

Our R6220 router frequently drops the connection in Peer 2 Peer video games like Street Fighter V. I do not get completely disconnected from the internet, the match just gets cancelled. I have updated my firmware and portforwarded the game but it still does this. What gives?

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 3
BennieWrigh
Tutor

Re: Dropped connection in P2P Games

Playing with a poor Internet connection can lead to disconnections from the game, lag while playing or navigating the game interface, or app crashes.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Dropped connection in P2P Games

@ChristopherH wrote:

I do not get completely disconnected from the internet, the match just gets cancelled.

Nothing there to indicate what is going on at the router end. Is this on a PC or something else? Why do you think your R6220 is involved? Have you looked at its logs?

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7