× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N900 Netgear Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

mathpwr
Follower

N900 Netgear Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

I have a N900 Netgear Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router. I am trying to connect my laptop and it asks for the pin number of the router. I cannot find one on this router. Does anyone know where I could find it? Thanks, mathpwr

Message 1 of 3

Re: N900 Netgear Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

@mathpwr wrote:

I have a N900 Netgear Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router.

Which one? N900 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with that tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi technologies.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

I am trying to connect my laptop and it asks for the pin number of the router. I cannot find one on this router. Does anyone know where I could find it?

Connect the laptop how? Wifi? Wired?

If it is wifi, have you tried WPS? There should be a WPS button on the router. Find the equivalent button in that and press both buttons.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Depending on the model number. the manual should also explain PIN numbers, but you shouldn't need that.

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: N900 Netgear Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router

Are you trying to connect using the wps pin number? If so, you'll need to find that in the router gui. 

https://kb.netgear.com/31575/How-do-I-connect-to-my-WiFi-network-using-WPS-Wizard

If thats not it, what are you actually trying to do? Use its SSID password? 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7