× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need Assistance with Legacy Router Compatibility for Website Connectivity

jainfrank65
Aspirant

Need Assistance with Legacy Router Compatibility for Website Connectivity

Hello Community Members,

I'm currently encountering a perplexing issue with my website's connectivity that seems to be related to compatibility problems with legacy routers. Here's a brief overview of the situation:

I have a functioning website that operates seamlessly with modern routers and networking devices. However, when accessed through legacy routers, such as the Netgear R6230-100NAS, users experience intermittent connectivity or complete inability to access certain features or pages on the site.

I've ensured that the website is updated and optimized for compatibility with various browsers and devices. Despite this, it seems that when accessed through older Netgear routers, there are issues that disrupt the user experience.

Here are a few specific problems encountered:

1. Pages take an unusually long time to load or don’t load at all when accessed through legacy routers.
  2. Certain functionalities (e.g., forms, media content) on the website become unresponsive or fail to load.
  3. Users have reported sporadic disconnections or timeouts while navigating the site when connected through older Netgear router models.

I've attempted troubleshooting steps like checking for firmware updates on these legacy routers and ensuring that the website's codebase is compliant with older protocols. Unfortunately, these efforts haven't resolved the issue.

Has anyone else experienced similar compatibility problems between their websites and legacy Netgear routers? If so, what steps or solutions have you found effective in addressing this issue?

Additionally, any advice, insights, or recommendations on how to enhance compatibility specifically with older Netgear router models would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Message 1 of 4

Re: Need Assistance with Legacy Router Compatibility for Website Connectivity

@jainfrank65 wrote:

I have a functioning website that operates seamlessly with modern routers and networking devices. However, when accessed through legacy routers, such as the Netgear R6230-100NAS, users experience intermittent connectivity or complete inability to access certain features or pages on the site.

Is this the issue in hand? (I am having a hard time trying to unravel all of your message.)

Is this a router that you own? Or something that other people use?

What error messages do these routers throw up?

Message 2 of 4
jainfrank65
Aspirant

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I apologize for the complexity of my initial message. To clarify:

Yes, the Netgear R6230-100NAS router is one that I own and am encountering compatibility issues with when users access my website through it. The specific problems reported by users include:

1. Pages taking an unusually long time to load or failing to load at all.
  2. Certain website functionalities like forms and media content becoming unresponsive or not loading.
  3. Users experiencing sporadic disconnections or timeouts while navigating the site.

Unfortunately, there haven't been specific error messages provided by the routers when these issues occur. Users mostly report slow loading times or the inability to access certain parts of the site.

I've ensured that the website is updated and optimized for compatibility with various devices and browsers. However, when accessed through older Netgear routers like the R6230-100NAS, these issues persist.

Do you have any recommendations or suggestions on how to address compatibility problems specifically related to these older Netgear router models?

Thank you for your assistance.

Message 3 of 4

@jainfrank65 wrote:

Yes, the Netgear R6230-100NAS router is one that I own and am encountering compatibility issues with when users access my website through it.

How do people access this router?

How is the website connected to the Internet? The router itself doesn't host websites.

The R6230 is a pretty basic router from around seven years ago. It isn't something that I would use for any heavy duty applications.

It is always tempting to shout "router" whenever someone has connectivity issues. In this case, without more details it is hard to see how the router can play a big role.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7