× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear R7000 Nighthawk AC1900 not working at all

anilnayak
Follower

Netgear R7000 Nighthawk AC1900 not working at all

Several R7000 owners have posted on the Netgear Community that they have experienced the same thing as I...the router was working just fine last night and not working this morning. The unit shows LED activity including a slow blinking power LED which the manual states indicates corrupted firmware. Some have mentioned an auto-update feature, that isn't documented in the manual. If there IS an auto-update feature, I'm not aware of it and it may have been added in a firmware update. If so...it shouldn't have been turned on by default. It is unclear whether Netgear pushed something out or if this was some sort of attack. Unfortunately, I have had my router for six years, so I am no longer covered by free support. I'm debating whether I wait and see if there is an official update from Netgear or do I have to buy 6 months of support in order to get going again. This is the absolute WORST time for this to happen as I, like many, am working from home. Fortunately I was able to bypass the router and plug my work docking station directly into the cable modem. I'm posting here to help get this issue visibility and hope that others will chime in if this has happened to them as well. I truly hope that this isn't Netgear's doing! Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: Netgear R7000 Nighthawk AC1900 not working at all

Did you try doing a hard reset? push the reset pinhole with a paper clip for 30 seconds and see if it resets back to default where you'll be able to try it again. Let us know if it works.

Message 2 of 4
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi anilnayak,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

First of all, we do apologize for the inconvenience of not getting back to you immediately due to the backlog in the system. Are you still having the problem on your R7000 router? 

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 4
lisachan
Aspirant

wohh, i totally agree! A useful share

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies