× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi not connecting to internet after reset RBR20

Forborn
Follower

Orbi not connecting to internet after reset RBR20

Hi, I bought an Orbi RBR20 in March this year. When I bought it I was with Spark as my ISP and at first I just ran it off the modem that the ISP gave me. Then I figured out that I could use the orbi without the ISP provided modem by selecting PPPoE in advanced internet settings. That worked fine and then I got a new ISP. Without resetting the router I changed all the details in the Orbi settings and then my internet was online through my new ISP with my Orbi. I used this for about 2 months where my internet speeds were constantly around 400mbps (I pay for 900mbps) so I ring up the ISP and they say that it will be because of my router and that the router won't support 900mbps. I just thought oh well 400 is good enough until recently I read that resetting your router after an ISP change can fix internet speeds being too low, so I reset the router and started setting it up again. I put in all the same things as before I reset and its not working! I have made sure everything is 100% the same and It just wont turn on. I have called my ISP and they said it was the orbi again and I called Netgear but of course I would have to pay for netgears customer support service which is way overpriced. If anyone knows why It isn't working anymore that would be greatly appreciated if you could help. My new ISP is called 2degrees and I have made sure its on PPPoE with the correct username and password and my VLAN ID is set to 10 which is correct. Thanks

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7