× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Please tell me if Netgear R6120 Dual Band AC1200 has the following features

mahmudul
Aspirant

Please tell me if Netgear R6120 Dual Band AC1200 has the following features

I would like to buy a Netgear R6120 Dual Band AC1200 router. And along with every other feature, I need these two features specifically,

1. Limit speed for a specific IP range
2. Block IP or service for a specific IP range

Can someone please tell me if I should I buy this product considering my requirement? 

Also, can you please suggest me any cheapest alternative available of which the mentioned features are supported?

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Please tell me if Netgear R6120 Dual Band AC1200 has the following features

I would review the user manual for these features. If you don't see them mentioned, you can presume those are not available on this model router:

https://www.netgear.com/support/

I believe NG does not offer limiting speeds or block for a specific IP address range or a device on most of there routers. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

I would review the user manual for these features. If you don't see them mentioned, you can presume those are not available on this model router:

https://www.netgear.com/support/

I believe NG does not offer limiting speeds or block for a specific IP address range or a device on most of there routers. 

Message 2 of 4
mahmudul
Aspirant

@FURRYe38, first of all, thank you for the reply. After you suggested, I just read the user manual, I didn't find anything about the features I am looking for. 

Having said that, can you please tell me, if you know, which company's router usually has those features?

Message 3 of 4

@mahmudul wrote:

Having said that, can you please tell me, if you know, which company's router usually has those features?

People here may know something about troubleshooting Netgear devices. The chances that they are experts in the features of all the hundreds of routers out there are thin. And you won't get anyone from Netgear suggesting an alternative make.

Try talking to one of the retailers that sells different brands.

By the way, the R6120 is a basic and cheap router. It is unlikely to have anything in the way of fancy features. It doesn't even support Gigabit Ethernet, which makes it slower than many modern Internet services.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series