× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6120 is apparently connected to the internet but no internet output on either wifi or ethernet

brayneeak
Follower

R6120 is apparently connected to the internet but no internet output on either wifi or ethernet

Hello all I have a question that I hope someone here might answer. I have fiber internet with an Adtran 411 modem.I have verified that the internet is working by connecting my modem directly to a computer.I have reset the modem and router multiple times but cannot get internet access from R6120 when connected to router. Called the ISP Armstrong cable and they reset the modem on their end and confirmed that the router is connecting to their network and modem assigned ip to router. However I cannot get any internet  output from the router on wifi or Ethernet. Incidentally I also connected a netgear R6220 and got the same issue. If I connect other brands of routers(have tried tenda and tp link)  I get internet with no problem. ISP insists that there is no compatibility issue between the Adtran modem and Netgear routers. Has anyone here ever encountered anything like this and if so were you able to solve it?                                    Thanks 

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: R6120 is apparently connected to the internet but no internet output on either wifi or ethernet

@brayneeak wrote:

I have fiber internet with an Adtran 411 modem.

That is an Optical Network Terminal (ONT) rather than a  modem, but still no router involved. Just a plan LAN port.

@brayneeak wrote:

.... cannot get internet access from R6120 when connected to router.

What are you connecting to the R6120 that doesn't get an Internet connection? What are the symptoms?

Do devices see wifi from the router? If so, again what happens when you try to connect.

How fast is your Internet connection? If it is anything faster than 100 Mbps, then you might want to forget about the R6120.

According to Netgear's manual for the R6120, not always the most reliable source of information, the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter to you, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support 1000BASE-TX.

The wifi isnt up to much either.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7