× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6400 Lost connection to internet. Windows 10 troubleshoot says problem is router.

chipnewt
Aspirant

R6400 Lost connection to internet. Windows 10 troubleshoot says problem is router.

I lost connection to internet. Firmware is very latest updated 3 days ago.  computer system is windows 10. Windows 10 troubleshoot says problem is router but I still have wireless connection and one other windows 10 computer on same router. I have rebooted router twice and moved cables to other slots. Flashing orange on two connections but these still have connection to internet.  Flashing white connection for the computer that does not connect. 

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: R6400 Lost connection to internet. Windows 10 troubleshoot says problem is router.

so everything works except for the 1 computer? 

Did it get disabled in the access control?

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R6400 Lost connection to internet. Windows 10 troubleshoot says problem is router.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for Smart WiFi Router products:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/General-WiFi-Routers-Non/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-general

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you

Message 3 of 7
chipnewt
Aspirant

firmwaare version is V1.0.76_1.0.48 

sorry for the delay, had to research some things. 

what is access control?

thanks

Message 4 of 7
chipnewt
Aspirant

Model of modem: Arris Tm1602

Message 5 of 7
Adan11
Aspirant

Make sure Wi‑Fi is turned on. Select the "No internet connection" icon on the right side of the taskbar, and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on. If it isn't, select it to turn it on. Also, make sure Airplane mode is turned off.

Select Manage Wi-Fi connections (>) on the Wi-Fi quick setting, see if a Wi-Fi network you recognize and trust appears in the list of networks. If it does, select the Wi-Fi network, and they try to connect to it. If it says Connected underneath the network name, select Disconnect, wait a moment, and then select Connect again.

Try connecting to a network on a different frequency band. Many consumer Wi-Fi routers broadcast at two different network frequency bands: 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. These will appear as separate networks in the list of available Wi-Fi networks. If your list of available Wi-Fi networks includes both a 2.4 GHz network and a 5 GHz network, try connecting to the other network. To learn more about the differences between 2.4 GHz networks and 5 GHz networks, check out Wi-Fi problems and your home layout myccpay

Message 6 of 7

@chipnewt wrote:

Windows 10 troubleshoot says problem is router but I still have wireless connection and one other windows 10 computer on same router.

Is that the Network Troubleshooter?

This sounds like one of the usual Windows attempts to provide impose security restraints in you.

Windows likes to protect us from new networks that might be evil. In  reality, it often shuts us out of safe networks.

One thought is that you could tell Windows that you are on a "private network".

• Network and Internet settings
  • Network Status
  • Change Connection Properties
  • Network Profile
  • Private

I'm told that this is rubbish advice. But it has worked for me and others in the same boat.

@chipnewt wrote:

Model of modem: Arris Tm1602

Simple modem. No router involved.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7