× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router as extender question

rvk11104
Follower

Router as extender question

I have a R6400v2 router that I used as my router. However, my ISP has now replaced it with their own router/modem all in one. Question is, is it possible to use my 6400v2 as just a range extender as now the wifi does not reach the other side of the house?

And if I can, how do I go about doing it and setting it up? sorry for the questions, I dont know much and the ISP is wanting to charge me a $200 service fee and $10 a month to setup and use their own extender.

If it matters, the fastest speed I can get through my provided is 500mpbs on a GREAT day

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Router as extender question

I would check the routers web page under Advanced tab/Advanced/Router mode to see if Repeater mode is seen, if not, then it would not be supporting of a extender kind of configuration. 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Router as extender question

@rvk11104 wrote:

Question is, is it possible to use my 6400v2 as just a range extender as now the wifi does not reach the other side of the house?

Wireless repeater or Access Point wired to the router?

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Check the section in the manual Enable bridge mode.

There may also be some helpful videos on what to do.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7