× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Terrible Customer Service

Fakename3221
Follower

Terrible Customer Service

I don't understand why Netgear thinks that basic customer support delegated to a user community is acceptable. I don't understand why you don't have a phone number someone can call to get some basic troubleshooting support. When this this become the norm for technology customers and when did consumers think this is acceptable. Do better Netgear. 

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Terrible Customer Service

they do have customer support. but its only free for the first 90 days of purchase. 

After that it does cost $. 

You can click on "mynetgear'. register an account and your device. From there you can contact customer support. 

netgear uses gearhead for support. you can contact them directly if you want. 

https://gearhead.netgear.com/

Message 2 of 4
BearInMindEXtra
Initiate

Rip Off @ GoToAssistRemoteSupport

SPEND $700 IN ADVANCE AT GOTOASSISTREMOTE2 TO COVER MY COMPUTER WIFI FIREWALL, ETC. NEVER RECEIVED A PLAN DESCRIPTION FOR THE 15 YEAR SERVICE PLAN. I CALL TODAY AND TOLD I NEED TO SEND $500 TO COVER DATA PROTECTION. I ASKED WHY DOESN'T MY PRESENT $700 PLAN COVER IT? HE SAID I TOLD YOU I'M GOING TO FIX YOUR PROBLEM TODAY. NOW, JUST SIGN IN TO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO SEND ME $500. I SAID NO. HE SAID LET ME TALK TO MY MANAGER. HOW ABOUT $200 FOR 2 YEARS. I SAID FOR WHAT? HE SAID HAVE YOU HEARD OF A CLOUD. I SAID YES, I HAVE BOTH ICLOUD AND MICROSOFT CLOUD STORAGE. HE SAID NO NOT THAT KIND OF CLOUD. OUR KIND THAT PROTECTS THE LOSS OF YOUR DATA. NOW SIGN INTO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT. I SAID NO. LET ME TALK TO YOUR BOSS, OR SEND ME HIS CONTACT INFORMATION SO I CAN COMMUNICATE HOW POORLY YOUR DOING BY TALKING OVER MY OBJECTIONS, NOT LISTENING TO ME AND SHOUTING YOUR SCRIPT AT ME AS IF THAT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE. HE SAID I WON'T HELP YOU. I DON'T WANT YOU TO BE MY CUSTOMER. I SAID YOU HAVEN'T HELPED YET, AND HE HUNG UP ON ME. THIS IS CRIMINAL.

@Fakename3221 wrote:

I don't understand why Netgear thinks that basic customer support delegated to a user community is acceptable. I don't understand why you don't have a phone number someone can call to get some basic troubleshooting support. When this this become the norm for technology customers and when did consumers think this is acceptable. Do better Netgear. 

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 3 of 4
antinode
Guru

Re: Rip Off @ GoToAssistRemoteSupport

> SPEND $700 IN ADVANCE AT GOTOASSISTREMOTE2 [...]

I have no idea what that is.  What led you to believe that Netgear
was involved in whatever you were doing?

If you found some scam artist someplace, and sent money to him, then
why blame Netgear?

> [...] THIS IS CRIMINAL.

Perhaps.  But is it Netgear?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7