× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect

Dex1969
Follower

Unable to connect

I have a Orbi rbk53s that I can’t get to connect to my internet. It keeps telling me unable to connect
Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2

Re: Unable to connect

@Dex1969 wrote:
I have a Orbi rbk53s that I can’t get to connect to my internet. It keeps telling me unable to connect

You provide far too little information for anyone to begin to guess as to what is going wrong. Follow the setup instructions and if they don't work, come back with an explanation of what you are doing and what happens.

What keeps telling you "unable to connect"?

It also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting.

Apologies for all the questions. But you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

There may also be some helpful videos on what to do.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Orbi - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7