× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to manually configure router (N900)

BarrHibbs
Follower

Unable to manually configure router (N900)

Genie Version 2.4.62

Router Model WNDR4500v3, Firmware Version V1.0.0.56

Windows 10 version 21H2

I needed to adjust some of the router parameters due to adding several new servers, NAS devices, a new laptop, a tablet computer, and multiple smartphones.

But I was unable to find the Advanced tab on the Genie Home page and also unable to edit the router's IP address using the Router Settings Page and the Router Login dialog box.

I received the message "NETGEAR router is not found or is not supported."

My next step was to do a Reset of the router to default values for User Name (admin) and Password (password.)  Same results using the Router Settings Page and the Router Login dialog box.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to get around this glitch will be much appreciated.

-- Barr

Message 1 of 2

Re: Unable to manually configure router (N900)

@BarrHibbs wrote:

I needed to adjust some of the router parameters due to adding several new servers, NAS devices, a new laptop, a tablet computer, and multiple smartphones.

What parameters? You should not need to change anything to add those devices.

Genie Version 2.4.62

Router Model WNDR4500v3, Firmware Version V1.0.0.56

But I was unable to find the Advanced tab on the Genie Home page and also unable to edit the router's IP address using the Router Settings Page and the Router Login dialog box.

This is the desktop genie for Windows? (Genies come in various shapes and sizes.)

I see no Advanced tab on the Genie Home page. Do you mean the browser graphical user interface (GUI)?

What do you see when you try that route in? The genie is not the best management interface.

What IP address is this? The local IP address for the router? IP address on the Internet (WAN)?

Why do you want to change it?

I received the message "NETGEAR router is not found or is not supported."

What is the modem/router, if there is one, in front of this router?

Apologies for all the questions. I'm trying to understand what you are doing and why. People often arrive seeking solutions for problems that are best approached from a different angle. A starting with the task in hand is more useful than picking over possible  fixes.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7