× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Uncheck Allow Guests to see each other still lets them see wired LAN

JayInTech
Tutor

Uncheck Allow Guests to see each other still lets them see wired LAN

R6400v2

I finally was able to scan my Guest Network and realized that Unchecking this box in the Guest Network setup only applies to Wi-Fi connections.  Any hardwired LAN connections from the Router are seen and ping-able. This feature should isolate the Guest Network for both wireless and wired LAN connections.

guest network note.png

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Uncheck Allow Guests to see each other still lets them see wired LAN

So even though you have this disabled, Guest Network devices can still access and ping LAN ethernet connections or sources? 

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Uncheck Allow Guests to see each other still lets them see wired LAN

@JayInTech wrote:

I finally was able to scan my Guest Network and realized that Unchecking this box in the Guest Network setup only applies to Wi-Fi connections.  Any hardwired LAN connections from the Router are seen and ping-able. This feature should isolate the Guest Network for both wireless and wired LAN connections.

This is correct, or state it different: Yes, this is the way it is. The controls you show are for the wireless and the wireless guest network only. The control title is very clear IMHO.

No word of your expectations, neither in the router Web UI, nor in the https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R6400v2/R6400v2_UM_EN.pdf 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7