× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3000v2

Diamondgal45
Aspirant

WNDR3000v2

Hi all

All of a sudden our Net Gear quit sending us WiFi. We have done everything. Unplugged and plugged back in. Plugged a LAN line into computer to router to try and work with net gear people. No luck.We had gotten a new password set up in system. Still can't connect. It now says incorrect password.?....?

to top it all off my son thought we'd fix it by doing a factory reset. So then we used the password on back of router. Nope. Again incorrect password. Can anyone help?

we are using up our data as we cannot connect to WiFi.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Diamondgal45
Aspirant

Re: WNDR3000v2

Case closed.

For all you know about out there, here is what happened.

I gave netgear one more try. Here is what he had us do. Simply unplug the router from the outlet. Wait 90 seconds. Plug back in. All done. Back up running. Yes a simple unplug from the wall did it.

merry christmas

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies
Diamondgal45
Aspirant

That is Model WNDR3400v2

Message 2 of 8
wcalifas
Prodigy

you have an old router but I'd try to reinstall the firmware and see if it revives the wifi, otherwise it might be time to buy something newer. That router is over 10 years old right?

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

On the back of the router, theres a wifi on/off button. 

Push and hold it for 2 seconds. 

WNDR3400v2 | N600 WiFi Router | NETGEAR Support

Message 4 of 8
Diamondgal45
Aspirant

Hi

no it is not over 10 years old. It's only approx. 4 years old.  Just found out today during our high wind storm on about the 15 th into 16th, our company we have WiFi through we're fixing and supposedly have repaired the towers. I left them a voicemail and email. This may be our problem also. They just got fixed on 17th while we were trying to do a fix here. Will find out on Monday if our dish is even pointing in same direction. P.s. I did recycle everything. Turned off and on, disconnected cords etc. thank you for your reply.

Model: WNDR3400v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 5 of 8
Diamondgal45
Aspirant

Re: WNDR3400v2

Hi

if you look at my 5th reply you will see why.

it's only 4 years old. Possible main tower we bounce off still not fixed. Please read my reply.

thank you for yours

Model: WNDR3400v2|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 6 of 8

@Diamondgal45 wrote:

Hi

no it is not over 10 years old. It's only approx. 4 years old. 

Your device may be four years old, but the WNDR3400v2 first appeared in 2011 and is based on a V1 device launched in 2010.The final, V3, hardware version, came out in 2014.

According to Netgear's manual for this device, not always the most reliable source of information, the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX.

Nothing wrong with it being old, just don't expect too much.

Message 7 of 8
Diamondgal45
Aspirant

Case closed.

For all you know about out there, here is what happened.

I gave netgear one more try. Here is what he had us do. Simply unplug the router from the outlet. Wait 90 seconds. Plug back in. All done. Back up running. Yes a simple unplug from the wall did it.

merry christmas

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7