× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR4300 v2 Slow speed

az6351
Aspirant

WNDR4300 v2 Slow speed

Hi, I recently ran into an issue that my WNDR4300 v2 router has slow speed, especially for wired connection. For instance, online video stream start constant buffering 1-2 mins after opening; BT download speed remarkably fall from 2-3 Mb/s to 20-80 kb/s; Downloading in browser start with high speed but end up with 0 speed after serveral seconds. After I reboot the router the speed would come back for like 10- 20 mins and then falls again. If I plug my computer directly into port on the wall the speed would be normal.

I have 100Mbps Internet service. My firmware is 1.0.0.32.

Model: WNDR4300v2|N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNDR4300 v2 Slow speed

I suggest that you contact support and get an RMA since it's not normal for the speed to drop. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @az6351

Did you try to factory reset the router? 

It might be possible that the router is slowly degrading. 

Have you also tried using all LAN ports available? Is it the same result for all?

Message 2 of 4
az6351
Aspirant

Hi @ElaineM

Thanks for your reply. I have tried factory reset and 30-30-30 reset. Also changed different ports on the router. Still same problem.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I suggest that you contact support and get an RMA since it's not normal for the speed to drop. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7