× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi not visible on Laptop after reset

Swastik
Initiate

Wifi not visible on Laptop after reset

Hey there, my wifi was working properly but it got reset automatically after 3 frequent power-outage one after the other consicutively within a few seconds. After the reset the firmware updated itself automatically as I visited the router settings.

Now after setting up the password, name etc., the wifi isn't showing up on my Laptop (HP Pavilion n259tx), even though its visible on all other devices at home, be it laptops or mobiles.  I uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers but nothing worked for me.
Other nearby wifi devices are showing up except mine. 

Model: R6080|AC1000 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Swastik
Initiate

Re: Wifi not visible on Laptop after reset

Found a soultion just after I posted it. lol I changed the region from India to United States and its visible and working. But still I won't delete this question for now as it may help others.
 I'd still like to know as to why do we need to change our region to make the network visible. Like this doesn't make sense. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Swastik
Initiate

Found a soultion just after I posted it. lol I changed the region from India to United States and its visible and working. But still I won't delete this question for now as it may help others.
 I'd still like to know as to why do we need to change our region to make the network visible. Like this doesn't make sense. 

Message 2 of 3
antinode
Guru

> [...] why do we need to change our region to make the network visible.
> [...]

Different regions may have different regulations, and allow different
radio channels to be used.  If the router (automatically?) chooses a
radio channel which a client device thinks is not allowed in its region,
then comminication won't be possible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation