× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

access point

scrungy
Aspirant

access point

Accessp point help.

I am trying to get the R6250 hooked up on a known system as an access point.

The network is 192.168.0.x      I have manually configured the router to 0.199.  Since the existing network does not do DHCP, I have

set the router to give out .0150- 0.175 for I P addresses.

I can connect to the router with an android phone, and it pulls an address of 150.

I have intially plugged a wire into port 1 (NOT the WAN port), and

I have set the LAN port on the router to the following:

manual IP 192.168.0.199

subnet    255.255.255.0

Gateway   192.168.0.1   (this is my main router).

dns 8.8.8.8

At this point, the wireless settings show Wireless AP on.

I can log on the router from a computer on the 0.x network and get to the config screens

I can connect to 0.199 with my phone.  I can log into the device and get the config screens

I cannot get internet access. from the phone, even though the LANport settings are green with a checkmark.

1. This is an established network, with it's own router at 0.1.

2. The goal here, is to create an access point on the 0.x network that can access the internet.

The directions on the netgear site do not address this condition.

I cannot find what I thought I saw at one point, the ability to test the router for pinging from it's interface.  Most of the options are

grayed out.

by setting the gateway to 192.168.0.1, packets should go directly the the router.  All of my other computers on the network use

0.1 as their gateway.

Obviously there is something wrong, that I missed.

The netgear support does not describe how to configure the access port to use a static address on the network, and use an

existing router for it's interface to the WAN.

I was able to download and update and it rebooted into the new firmware, so I know the router can get to the internet via the gateway.  It updated from 1.0.3 6_10.1.3 to 1.04.38_10.1.30

The android phone however, just says no internet access.

says dns_probe_finised_bad_config.

I need to get this working, then will need to be able to install it on a different unknown network, at least unknown at the present.

In this configuration,  I have unplugged the network cable from port 1 and connected it to the wan port

AT this point, the phone says off line.

I can still log in to it over my main network.

WAN and LAN settings are no longer acessible under advanced setup.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7