× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

bad customer service

snoop46241
Guide

bad customer service

Message 1 of 18

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: bad customer service

@snoop46241 We only contact a customer if it's time to renew their contract support or if they requested for technical support. Based from your record we do not find any contracts or requests.

We never do cold calling. Sounds like you were scammed.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 18

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes! they do BLANK at times. So you have a 7 year old router which I'm guessing you paid $120 for is this correct? Then you post here complaining about the tongue tied 3rd world customer support and not a word about the problem?

Message 2 of 18

Your message is a bit garbled.

@snoop46241 wrote:

Are you saying that Netgear India called you? If so there is a good chance that Netgear had nothing to do with it.

Doubtless you have heard of all those calls that "Microsoft" makes to warn customers of problems with their computers. I have to break it to you gently, these calls are scams.

As I say, this is just one possibility, your message is so convoluted and devoid of sentences that I may have the wrong end of the stick. In which case, apologies.

I have to agree, though, about offshore call centres. Some of us in England even have problems when the call centres are in Scotland.

Message 3 of 18
snoop46241
Guide

I guess your right ..I damn sure should have not even asked a question or repeat it for you!!!...I cant understand a damn word hes was saying except his sales pitch...never should have talked to the non-english speaker to begin with.. thanks for you comments!

Message 4 of 18
snoop46241
Guide

SEE MY REPLYS

Message 5 of 18
VE6CGX
Master

Did you let stranger log into your computer? If that is the case, it is like opening your house

door wide open for a stranger, unbelievable!

Message 6 of 18
snoop46241
Guide

was in cpntact with netgear usa rep and he had guy from India call me..then he took over my computer..talked so poor  i couldnt understand him  and then pitched the sale of 100 for service clearly enough it was a scam thats when i cut him off..my computer is fine as far as i can tell no harm done except my trust in netgear is none!

Message 7 of 18
snoop46241
Guide

read my replys

Message 8 of 18

@snoop46241 wrote:

read my replys

Your replies make about as much sense as your original message.

But in response to the response from VE6CGX, if you really did let someone take control of your computer you should immediately seek help to get it checked out and fixed.

This strategy is a part of this well known "Microsoft" scam. With your permission they can get into your PC and steal passwords that can leave all your financial details open.

As before, maybe we have all got the wrong end of the stick. It is hard follow what happened, despite your replies.

Message 9 of 18
snoop46241
Guide

I'm getting nowhere with your **bleep** replies..end of conversation!!!    case closed

Message 10 of 18

Glad that we sorted this out for you.

Message 11 of 18
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@snoop46241 We only contact a customer if it's time to renew their contract support or if they requested for technical support. Based from your record we do not find any contracts or requests.

Message 12 of 18

@ElaineM wrote:

Nice to have confirmation that  we may have been on to something in our earlier warnings.

Message 13 of 18
snoop46241
Guide

If it was a scam why did the intial Netgear support person have this person from India call me? Thats what started the problem...please close this issue...was a bad thing for your rep at Netgear do..You cant understand  anything the india people say..keep in in english in the USA I say...close thjis please my computer is safe as far as I can tell and I was smart enough to end the control the India person had taken! I still call it
BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM NETGEAR! check your e-mail call center support they did it! ISSUE CLOSED GOOD THAT I'M PROTECTED BY FULL SERVICE BY NORTON!
Message 14 of 18

@snoop46241 wrote:
If it was a scam why did the intial Netgear support person have this person from India call me?

They didn't. You just didn't realise that there was a crook on the line. Heaven only knows where they found your phone number. Have you ever given it to anyone at Netgear?

Don't worry, a lot of people get fooled like that.

More important, we still don't know if you let this crook into your computer. If you did, then check your bank accounts and ask someone who understands these computer thingies to check your PC for harmful invaders. 

So, for your own sake, stop ranting about Netgear and look into your own computer security. Norton is no guarantee of protection if you have deliberately allowed someone into your PC.

Message 15 of 18
snoop46241
Guide

whos ranting I told the story like it happened your  the one carrying the **bleep** bucket...sure would like to meet you in person! I'm sure your as uglyu as your comments...end of my replys and comments as of now...go pester someone -else!

Message 16 of 18
VE6CGX
Master

Scammed or not, onus is on you in this day and age. If you keep talking you are reinforcing your stupidity more and more. As you said thread is close. Let's save 'net bandwidth...

Message 17 of 18

Spoilsport.

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7