× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

c6300 and wn2000rptv2 FRUSTRATED!

PleaseHelpThnx
Aspirant

c6300 and wn2000rptv2 FRUSTRATED!

I have a c6300 Modem/Router Downstairs. We have an extender upstairs and it is a wn2000rptv2. The wifi doesnt work but if you plug an ethernet cord in, it works for the device thats plugged but it DROPS, FREQUENTLY. Plus the internet download speeds are slow and there is quite a bit of lag. Ive tried everything to make it work from looking for new firmware, factory resetting both the c6300 and wn2000rptv2, typing in the IP. Eventually I got the wifi to work but its still not working on some devices like my laptop. Its working on my phone, tablet and tv. I got it to work by going to the netgear genie and clicking network map and changing the extender to wireless. For some reason it was on wired and I never even touched the netgear genie program before that. Anyway, it still drops and my laptop wont connect and the lag hasnt gone anyway. Ive read online recently that the wn200rptv2 and c6300 arent compatitable. If thats true, please help me and tell me exactly what extender to buy. Brand/Model if you could. I dont wanna experience going through so many websites and videos and spending HOURS trying to figure how to make my extender actually work. You really wouldnt believe how many hours ive spent. Ive spent about 4 straight hours today. That was just today and thats when i finally got the wifi to work on some devices.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2
PleaseHelpThnx
Aspirant

Re: c6300 and wn2000rptv2 FRUSTRATED!

update: it can connect to the wifi but then it drops a lot and says "No internet, secured" under my wifi name until i restart the extender.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7