× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

contacting someone at NetGear

MAC24
Aspirant

contacting someone at NetGear

I have had an issue with my router/modem since I got it.  I've been on the phone with Netgear - the last time I got disconnected.  I sent an immediate message to call me back.  No call back and now the 90-day support has ended.  I am NOT going to buy support when it's their fault.  I am LIVID!!!!!!  Can anyone help?  

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: contacting someone at NetGear

this is the community forum. 

We can potentially help you with the device but we need more info. 

What actual problem are you having? go into details since we aren't here to see whats going on? 

Also, what device do you have? you didn't put model either. 

If its a modem/router combo device, also log into the device and get a screen snip of the cable connections page and the modem logs. That helps us check the connection back to the isp. 

Message 2 of 7
MAC24
Aspirant

Please tell me how to get to the connections page and modem logs. Thank you
Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 3 of 7
MAC24
Aspirant

My televisions do not recognize the new modem/router (or vice versa). The only one that automatically connects is the Smart TV. I cannot manually connect with the other televisions. Now my Firesticks only work on the smart TV. This was not an issue when I was using the Xfinity modem/router.
Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

Does the C6250 work if you're hardwired into it? 

What speeds do you get hardiwired in?

When you log into it through the browser, you click on the cable connection icon. that takes you to the cable connections page. 

to find the logs

https://kb.netgear.com/30008/How-do-I-obtain-the-event-logs-from-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-modem-router

How are you attempting to setup the tv's/firesticks? 

Did you rename the ssid or setup a new one? 

What did you use for a security method (wpa, wpa2, etc)

what error are you getting when you try to connect them?

Message 5 of 7
MAC24
Aspirant

I've tried the wired connection but that doesn't work either. I have to have a wifi connection for the fire stick to work. That's the problem. I have tried to manually set up the connection with the new ssid and password. Still doesn't work. No problem with the smart tv however.
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

So the router doesn't work if hardwired into it?

It only works for a device or 2 wireless? 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7