× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

gs108 network issue with xbox series x

stevethenet
Follower

gs108 network issue with xbox series x

Hi

I have a Hub3 VM router connected to a 5 port Netgear hub, then one port to a TP-link ethernet extender to another room. That then connects to the XBox Series X (new). Which all works fine. It has been like that for months. However my son wanted to connect his laptop occasionally in that room and disconnects the Xbox and plugs the laptop in and that also works fine. I suggested however we purhcase another Netgear GS108 hub and connect the TP-Link extender into one port and the Xbox and laptop into two of the other ports.

The problem is the Laptop will work fine plugged into any port on the GS108 but the Xbox, connects (I can see it get the IP address on the Xbox network test menu), but then drops the connection. The longest we have see it stay up is 2minutes. It does not matter which port we use.

Both the laptop and Xbox are stable when used as the only output from the remote TP-Link extender, but with the Hub plagged in only the laptop will work from the GS108 ports.

Any ideas?

Regards

Steve

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7